Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: kinda broke facetime~

Default kinda broke facetime~
    Ok so apparently in my whimsical (i was carful I swear~) modding of my ipod, I seam to of killed facetime.. don't ask me how but seeing as i have ifile in there I was thinking "cant I just copy the good happy working files from a friend's ipod of the same version?" a sound theory i think... however i have no idea what directory/files to copy, so im asking you people

what files do I need? and where to put em?

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

The files for it are in /Applications/MobilePhone.app (No, FaceTime does not have it's own folder for itself) so you can replace the files in there.

Out of curiosity, what exactly did you do that messed it up? I made a mistake sometime ago with FaceTime that made me restore.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

that's just it. I have no idea. for all i know it might be an incompatibility with a cydia mod? or maybe i accidentally -did- do something? all I know is facetime has seamingly vanished as though it never existed. so I tried this thinking either a file's currupted, or maybe while copying a file's name i accidentally changed it? my friend has an identical device, IOS version, and jailbreak so it -should- work, however it still seams quite dead.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Don't want state the obvious (but here goes anyway) is FaceTime turned on it settings?
    You might try turning it on in safe mode.

It didn't even exist in setting, and yeah i tried safe mode, I did alot more looking around for anyone with this problem and nothing came up... so, seeing as family were nagging me to get it working again I finally just decided to backup my files and restore to factory settings then get the setting data from backups. so now im just putting all my apps and mods back on it. I really appreciate everyone's time and effort, but I suppose it's "fixed" now. also Sorry to anyone with this problem who's reading this

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Syslis View Post
    that's just it. I have no idea. for all i know it might be an incompatibility with a cydia mod? or maybe i accidentally -did- do something? all I know is facetime has seamingly vanished as though it never existed. so I tried this thinking either a file's currupted, or maybe while copying a file's name i accidentally changed it? my friend has an identical device, IOS version, and jailbreak so it -should- work, however it still seams quite dead.
    So it just... Happened?

I had an issue on 4.3.3, I killed the FaceTime process so many times in a row (I was running a load of apps so it was lagging like hell) and eventually the thing just decided to respring itself and then boom, FaceTime would make me try activating it, and then it would fail. That's just what happened to me though, no clue what you could have done.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.