Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to change wifi bars?

Question How to change wifi bars?
    Hi!
    I'm a complete noob and don't really know what I'm doing. I probably put this in the wrong forum.
    I'd like to change what my wifi bars look like. I have no idea how to do this. Specifically, I want to change the image for each bar (no bars, one bar, two bars, three bars) into different images. I do not want to make it look like the iPhone signal bars.
    Can anyone please write me a concise guide on how to do this, considering I'm a complete noob? Thank you!
    (I use windows 7)
    Yes, I'm jailbroken.
    Last edited by Clean0nion; 08-01-2012 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Extra info

Yep. Someone made a very helpful tutorial, you can read it here: [TUT] iOS 5 iPhone 4S Custom Status Bar Wifi Bars/Signal Bars Solution for Winterboard
    I will no longer be very active here anymore due to a variety of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    Yep. Someone made a very helpful tutorial, you can read it here: [TUT] iOS 5 iPhone 4S Custom Status Bar Wifi Bars/Signal Bars Solution for Winterboard
    That's good, but how do I even access these files or put them into winterboard? Thanks for replying anyway

There's multiple ways to do it. You can use iFile, or an SSH program like WinSCP or FileZilla. But I would think using an SSH program would be preferable to most.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,524 Times in 2,147 Posts

iFunbox I find is the easiest method instead of using SSH via a Wi-Fi network. It's free and allows easy drop and drag.

Your WiFi bars are located in the [email protected]k file located within System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework

BUT...you need to extract the artwork file as its heavily encrypted. I used Python running out of CMD on windows. There is a bit to it.

OR..,the other alternative is to open WinterBoard and select "Advanced for themers" and then toggle on "Record UIImages" this will save the [email protected]k files as used and store them in the directory as outlined in the WB app.

Good luck
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

Thanks for all your help guys. I ended up downloading two themes, one of which was a default theme, and moving the bars images from the one theme to the other, using iFile.

No problem. Glad it worked