Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to fix my folder and task switcher background??

Thanks

Default how to fix my folder and task switcher background??
    idk what I did but my folder and task switcher background are messed up. like its centered instead of tiled. I deleted the 4 folderswitcherlinen but that didn't help.

-imageuploadedbymodmyi1343226424.741914.jpg-imageuploadedbymodmyi1343226456.146600.jpg

any ideas?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Snap!?? I did these things...
    Tidied up my Media/Downloads Folder which included deleting downloads.28.sqlitedb
    Uninstalled Clockify
    Installed LiveClock from repo http://rpetri.ch/repo/
    Undated Activator to v1.6.2-1
    As I could not then download App Store Apps, I then reset all settings. (didn't work) so next I used PkgBackup to get my tweak preferences back.
    Did you do any of these?
    I have since downgraded Activator back to 1.6.2 and Reinstalled Safari Download Manager to get downloads.28.sqlitedb back. Deleting this file stopped my App store and Safari Download downloads from working.
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 07-25-2012 at 02:41 PM.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Common problem. If what DC said doesn't work, try getting FolderFixer from Cydia.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks

I tried folderfixer, didn't work but now apps are randomly crashing. what gives?

Thanks

Hi, I had Safari crashing a lot a week or two back which seems to have stopped now since I uninstalled Safari Download Enabler and installed the alternative Safari Download Manager. The other thing I did was remove Unified iPod as things like Spotlight Search and scrolling through screens were a bit slow.
    Did you do any of the stuff in post #2 before your folder and multitask issue?
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 07-26-2012 at 01:35 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
    Common problem. If what DC said doesn't work, try getting FolderFixer from Cydia.
    Sorry, mine is not fixed, I just posted the things I could remember doing before this happened. I posted them in the hope that we could find a common cause for this. Anybody else remember what they were doing prior to this problem?

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Damn it I know the package, it's just lost in my memory. I know this is caused by a specific app though... There's a few other threads on this. I'll look through my cluttered folders for them.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks

Found this from another Modmyi post

Folder background image suddenly downscaled? (4S / Absinthe jailbreak)

Originally Posted by jwald...

Nevermind, I figured it out.

If anyone else has this problem, there are 2 sets of caches that need to be deleted.

1) /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/

There are 4 files, "com.apple.SpringBoard.folderSwitcherLinen.x", x is 0 to 4

2) /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.springboard.sharedimagecache/Persistent

I'm not sure which of these are necessary to delete, I got rid of SBDockBG, both WallpaperIcons and FolderIconBG

My reply to him...
    Worked great thanks. I had to boot up holding the volume + button first, then delete the files you listed, next power off and then back on while the volume + button was held in again. Once the folder and multitasking backgrounds were ok, then reboot as normal. I think the problem started after resetting all settings.
    Last edited by DC_Dave; 07-26-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Thanks

okay figured it out. ios6 photos menu was the culprit. its the Facebookthis tweak and/or iOS 6 Photos Menu or any tweak from NobitaZZZ that causes it. remove and use icleaner and you're set.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patoons For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (01-08-2013), Ins0mniac (08-23-2012)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ins0mniac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by patoons View Post
    okay figured it out. ios6 photos menu was the culprit. its the Facebookthis tweak and/or iOS 6 Photos Menu or any tweak from NobitaZZZ that causes it. remove and use icleaner and you're set.
    Thank you so much. This problem has been driving me nuts but your solution worked. Quite frankly I find NobitaZZZ to be a second rate developer. His tweaks are often rushed out with bugs, they are as ugly as hell with his name plastered all over them, and there are nearly always superiors tweak available. The Photo Sharing tweaks was one of the only decent ones he produced, but given it destroys the appearance of your task switcher, I'm happy to wait for iOS6!