Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone inline controls help

Default Iphone inline controls help
    Is there a way to disable the headphone controls all together? I recently bought a pair of koss portapro ktc headphones and a few days ago the controls started acting weird. I noticed when the chord near the jack bent at all it would pause my song. Then it would skip fast forward rewind my songs and activate voice controls. I lost the reciept for the headphones so i cant take them back and i definetly dont have $100 to replace them.

Any suggestions?

Iphone 4 5.0.1

so it's the headphones? if thats so just cut the end off, go to radio smak and buy a new one and stik it on.

if your trying to disable the controls on your iphone i think there is a way to do it. cant remember the name of it, but its a program you run outa mobileterminal that allows you to mess around with launch deamons. i remember running it and there were a few that dealt with ipod/iphone headphone controls. ahh, here it is:

3. Disable unnecessary Launch Daemons: install Mobileterminal for iOS 4. Install Remove LaunchDaemons from that same repo. Go into Mobileterminal, type in "Su" and then "alpine"(or whatever password you use for sshing) and then type in "rld". Press enter, read, and follow directions.

posted by KnightWing in this forum dealing with ways to freeup space but give it a shot. just read carefully. and here is the link to his post too:
    How to get around 370 mb of RAM on your iDevice

good luck!!

Yeah i believe it is the chord but i know nothing about re wiring so i was looking for a software fix first. I will check out the launch daemons

Take it to any electronics shops and URL cost ya 10 bux and they will put one on that won't have that problem again. Better than hundy bones

Okay thanks. I cant seem to find a recent version of remove launch daemons anyway. When i install it, it installs an obsolete version of mobile terminal and dosent work

Use insanely repo:
    Repo.insanelyi.com/

They have both launch daemon and (new) mobile terminal.