Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to tweak specific apps to open only in Landscape mode?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How to tweak specific apps to open only in Landscape mode?
    Ok, I know this is likely going to get flamed, but whatever.

I've been toying around with an old 3G, I plan on using it as the media hub in my car. At present, the only stock apps on the device are iPod, Maps, Safari and of course Settings. It's already Jailbroken, and I'm using SBRotator for Springboard to be in Landscape mode. My goal is to mount a bracket into a console and have an iPhone cradle attached horizontally (for Landscape mode). My problem is that all of these apps, including Settings open in Portrait mode, prompting me to have to unlock the screen orientation and relock it everytime I open or close one of the apps. I guess my question is how can I remove the code for Portrait mode from these apps so they will only open and stay in Landscape mode?

This very well could be the new way to repurpose old iPhones instead of recycling them or selling them on the cheap.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'd really love for someone to give their opinion or any suggestions as wild as they may sound. Thanks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

The only way I know is the reverse of this... So that you can have specified apps only ever open in portrait mode... I know this isn't the ideal answer... However the result would eventually be the same.