+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Define the duration of SNOOZE for "Clock"

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Okay, I have done a lot of searching and have found only questions, no answers. For one, I cannot believe Apple didn't provide an option to adjust the snooze time
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Define the duration of SNOOZE for "Clock"
    Okay, I have done a lot of searching and have found only questions, no answers. For one, I cannot believe Apple didn't provide an option to adjust the snooze time since even a simple clock radio from the 80's has this option. Second, I cannot believe there isn't an easy solution (that I have found at least). My iPhone is on 5.1.1 and of course jailbroken. Does anyone know which file defines the snooze time? If someone can give me a little direction, that would be great. I've SSH's into my iPhone (I am a Linux user) and done some searching through the filesystem. Nothing has stood out.

I would like to do this without downloading another app that I have to leave running all night so my alram will go off.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,694 Times in 5,954 Posts

Welcome to MMi
    I know what you said about leaving it running all night, but heck, leave it plugged in.
    I can't believe that there isn't at least a couple in the App Store that would give you that function (but guessing, for as long that I have been on these forums, I don't remember anyone asking for that tweak.) Must be important to you as you seem to have put a lot of effort into it. Anyway, search through the App Store, and Cydia, fingers crossed someone knows more then I.

EVO
    Thanks

you cannot change the snooze time unless you were one of the software engineers that designed the iOS

EDIT: fixed!

I believe there are apps for that, but definitely you cannot modify the system files to change the snooze time
    Last edited by EVO; 06-25-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Thanks

With skills, there oughta be a tweak for that. Do you think it could be done in mobile substrate?

[not sure what you meant by "put" in your response]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am new to the whole iOS world, learning the framework of the system and how to manipulate it. "Mobile Substrate"... From the brief reading I did on this to find out what it is, I think you've pointed me in a helpful direction. Still, if anyone out there has located a way of doing this, please let me know.

Yes, I have invested some time into this, not too much yet but my mind is set on it. Maybe you're right, I should just get a wall plugin and download an alarm clock app. However, it bothers me a lot that Apple would not provide a basic function like this... and I like doing as much as possible natively rather than install other apps.

Okay, I'm new to the smart phone world too... not just iOS Maybe I'm being a little extreme

EVO
    Thanks

believe it or not Apple is very secretive and restrictive of what and how they design their products..

as mentoned previously, there are Apps that can do that for you but you cannot modify the system files to change the default snooze time

Thanks

Your the IT guy for sure EVO and know way more then I, but I'd bet a dollar to a doughnut that it could be done with a tweak on a jailbroken device.
    I understand what your saying about modifying the OS, but isn't that what jailbreaking is about? Certainly a dev could build a tweak. The real issue I see is, who would be willing to put all the time into a feature like that? Hence, the App Store and plug it in.
    Not being disrespectful by any means, but I don't ever even use a snooze, it's either time to get up or not.......lol

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Your the IT guy for sure EVO and know way more then I, but I'd bet a dollar to a doughnut that it could be done with a tweak on a jailbroken device.
    I understand what your saying about modifying the OS, but isn't that what jailbreaking is about? Certainly a dev could build a tweak. The real issue I see is, who would be willing to put all the time into a feature like that? Hence, the App Store and plug it in.
    Not being disrespectful by any means, but I don't ever even use a snooze, it's either time to get up or not.......lol
    Sorry I meant to say Apps or Tweaks..

Yes I have no doubt there are, because there is at least one for iOS 4.

However, the OP wants to modify the built-in snooze time, which is not possible currenty for iOS5.0+ (dont quote me on that )

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    (dont quote me on that )
    Gonna tell everyone I know...........................

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well thanks for the heads up. For a feature that minor, I don't feel like investing a ton of time to see if I can alter the system files for the clock.

After a few months of using my iPhone I am conviced that my next phone will be a Droid. Dont get me wrong. I like the iPhone but I don't like how restrictive Apple has made iOS (evan after jailbreak, ie their bluetooth stack). They've given me a race car and made it so I can only go 55!

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flipjarg View Post
    Well thanks for the heads up. For a feature that minor, I don't feel like investing a ton of time to see if I can alter the system files for the clock.

After a few months of using my iPhone I am conviced that my next phone will be a Droid. Dont get me wrong. I like the iPhone but I don't like how restrictive Apple has made iOS (evan after jailbreak, ie their bluetooth stack). They've given me a race car and made it so I can only go 55!
    You should try my car

good luck on your journey

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Haha, yeah, looks like a nice one!

Thanks for your help... I'll be around. Onto my next little mission fixing my keyboard!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    You should try my car

Wanna race your ricer bro?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Try iHome free (App store), no need to leave it running all night, acces to music library, etc.