Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lockscreen Notification Titles

Default Lockscreen Notification Titles
    Is it possible to change the lockscreen notification titles? I.E. I use Sparrow as my default mail app, I used Icon Renamer to change 'Sparrow' to 'Mail' on the springboard. But when i get a new email, my lockscreen says 'Sparrow'. I want it to say 'Mail'. Is this possible? If so how and by extension, the notification center as well?

Jailbreak developers have made custom notification center sections for their own apps, so I can see how it would be possible. Let me look into it and I'll get back to you in a bit.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ddonuts4 For This Useful Post:

mattimeo84 (06-18-2012)

Looks like changing the name of the app changes it's name in notification center. I installed the sparrow push tweak and it refuses to even show notifications. I'm not sure what's up but I can't help you any more until I figure it out.

Thanks for your help thus far!!

1. What version of sparrow do you have?
    2. Does it show up in the notification center settings(settings app>notifications)?

I still can't even get notifications to show up anywhere. The developer of the app says in the description that he will add notification center support soon, so I don't know how you are seeing it in the notification center.
    Last edited by ddonuts4; 06-18-2012 at 12:54 PM.

I am running the newest sparrow (updated today actually) as well as the most up to date sparrow+ (jb)

I sent a test email and it shows up in the notification center as sparrow

Oh you have sparrow+. I have sparrow push. I will take a look, but chances are pretty good you will just have to wait for the developer to add notification center support before I can do anything to help.

Looks like I'm the one who needs help now. I'm running sparrow 1.3 (it says build 495 in sparrow settings) just like you said you were, and I have installed sparrow push and sparrow+. I still have no sparrow push notifications. In fact when I updated sparrow, even the option to turn them on(which of course I had turned on earlier) disappeared.

there are no 'push' options to configure in either sparrow or sparrow+. the app does however show up in the notification center (system app) for me to fiddle with

Odd. Either I'm really bad at this... or you are lucky and it has appeared in the notification center only for you, but not me.
    If i helped, don't be afraid to hit the thanks button. It won't bite!!!!

How may I hack you?

Perhaps because you have both sparrow push and sparrow+?
    Last edited by mattimeo84; 06-19-2012 at 04:23 PM. Reason: stupid autocorrect

Sparrow Push is one of Sparrow+'s dependencies.

In other words, if I install Sparrow+, it automatically installs Sparrow Push alongside it.

as soon as i saw you replied, i facepalmed myself, i knew you were right before i even read it. i promise im not a n00b, just had a brain fart.

now i am at a loss though as to why i get the notification center and you do not. i just rechecked sparrow, no options. sparrow+, no options. but in the notification center settings group, i can treat sparrow like any other app

Well, I'm sorry. I wish I could help you more but I'm kind of stuck. Maybe someone else will actually reply to this thread and help one or the other of us out.

got it!! what i did was change the info.plist in the Sparrow.app folder in iFile, most specifically the CFBundleDisplayName field. now displays what i want it to.

how can i make it part of a theme so that when sparrow updates, i dont lose it? or do i just change it every time?

id rather have it as a theme as i will be changing multiple app names
    Last edited by mattimeo84; 06-27-2012 at 06:19 AM.

ok, tried it on SmartSync, another app id rename, and now the app wont theme, reverted back to the original and still wont work, crap

Fixed: Icon name reverted
    Last edited by mattimeo84; 06-27-2012 at 08:23 AM.