Hey all!
I'm wanting to install tar.gz files on to my ipad/iphone so I can use and access those commands through the terminal. I've managed to install nano using "apt-get install nano" and it works perfectly like it does on my linux box. I've been snooping around for ways to install things like aircrack, reaver, vi and other assorted unix tools but I'm having issues as I cannot just apt-get them as they are not in the repositories. I can extract the tar.gz files after I have downloaded them with "wget" but when I try to './configure'/'make'/'make install' I get bombarded with errors. After further research apparently this has something to do with libgcc but I'm not entirely sure where to go from here. I'm using MobileTerminal 520-2 but I experience the same issues when I'm ssh'ing. I'll dump the errors below from when I tried to install reaver through ssh with putty.

Code:
"After unpacking with no issues using 'tar zxvf reaver-1.4.tar.gz'
[*snip*]-iPad:~/reaver-1.4/src root# ./configure

checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... yes
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are cross compiling... configure: error: in `/var/root/reaver-1.4/src':
configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
See `config.log' for more details.
[*snip*]-iPad:~/reaver-1.4/src root#
[*snip*]-iPad:~/reaver-1.4/src root# make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
[*snip*]-iPad:~/reaver-1.4/src root# make install
make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
If you guys could provide some input it would be greatly appreciated, I can't seem to get a decent answer on what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do.
Thanks
~SirClutch~