+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mail Settings - Advanced -Authentication

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I want to change the default email authentication to 'Password' from 'MD5 Challenge-/Response' When sending emails out, it always defaults to 'MD5 Challenge-Response' and even if i change it to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Mail Settings - Advanced -Authentication
    I want to change the default email authentication to 'Password' from
    'MD5 Challenge-/Response'

When sending emails out, it always defaults to 'MD5 Challenge-Response' and even if i change it to password, it automatically resets, sometimes even before i have managed to get the email off (usually resulting in 3 copies being sent).

I could be doing something wrong, but if i could just change the order which may be in a plist or strings file, then it would automatically default to the correct one.

Any help appreciated, but obviously not major important.

I should add that i believe that it is buried within the /library/mail/accounts.plist - AuthenticationScheme which currently is set to 'X-APOP' (presumably MD5 Challenge-Response), but if that's the case I need to determine what string to replace it with.

TIA to all who respond
    Last edited by crunchingnumbers; 10-03-2007 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've got same problem too! Whats going wrong? Before I using extremely fine~! but dunno why today have same problem as well...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i suddenly started receiving an "X-APOP authentication" error on my iphone when checking mail, and when i went to settings couldn't change the authentication settings (always reverted to MD5)..

so after a lot of searching on the net, it seems sometimes the mail account can get corrupted.. the fix? delete the account, and re-add it.. now it works like a charm!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i also would like to know how to put hotmail on the iPhone