+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Siriport Tutorial for iPhone 4, 3G, and 3GS

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have created a tutorial that makes putting Siriport on your iPhone a bit easier. I ended up doing this process three times once I had done it successfully once
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Siriport Tutorial for iPhone 4, 3G, and 3GS
    I have created a tutorial that makes putting Siriport on your iPhone a bit easier. I ended up doing this process three times once I had done it successfully once to see if there was one way to do it that was better than another. Listed below are the instructions, step-by-step, and a video with additional information and a better visual to follow.

Things you need to make this work:
    Jailbroken iPhone 4 3GS or 3G
    iFile (paid app but available for free at repo- cydia.xsellize. c om)
    Siriport (Repo- repo.siriport.ru)

This is how you get Siriport to work:

1. Install this certificate: siriport.ru/1.crt (you do this by typing that address into safari on your iPhone and installing the certificate when prompted)

2. Add repo.siriport.ru in cydia and install Siriport for whatever iOS you are using. This file is very large, WiFi recommended. Once Siriport is installed you should be forced to respring your device.

3. Using ifile or a similar program, go to var/mobile/library/preferences find the file named com.apple.assistant.plist and press the blue circle for more options.

4. Go down to the permission section (user, group, world) and make sure they are all set to read, write. Save the setting.

5. Go to Settings>General and turn off Siri

6. Reboot (not respring)

7. Go to settings and turn on Siri

8. Press and hold your home button until Siri pops up. Say "Hello Siri". Odds are that she will give you an error. Something to the effect of "I'm sorry, but I can't take any requests right now". Talk to Siri every couple of minutes (at any interval) until Siri works. THIS IS THE STEP WHERE MOST OF THE PEOPLE GIVE UP. Please, have patience and you will have Siri running.

You can check the status of the Siriport server at this web address:
    http://siriport.ru/forum/siriport-ru-server-status.php

9. If the server is overloaded and it will not giving you a working key, delete your assistant.plist file, go to settings and turn off Siri, shut off your device then turn it back on. Turn Siri on and try activating Siri again. I have personally used this method 3 times. Activation times varied from 5 minutes to 6+ hours. It is not a fast method, but it is a free method for getting Siri on your i-device.

Good Luck and happy jailbreaking.

-Fire Bat

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks. It did take multiple tries over a couple of hours but it did in fact work. I also read for those who dont like to wait but have access to a 4s you may be able to SSH and copy their assistant.plist file and use that to overwrite yours, but since your guide worked I cant personally attest to that. Thanks again!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wiiman420 View Post
    Thanks. It did take multiple tries over a couple of hours but it did in fact work. I also read for those who dont like to wait but have access to a 4s you may be able to SSH and copy their assistant.plist file and use that to overwrite yours, but since your guide worked I cant personally attest to that. Thanks again!
    When I re-wiped my phone for the 3rd time in the last month, I copied my com.apple.assistant.plist file to my computer before restoring. Once my phone was done restoring and I installed the certificate and Siriport app, I just copy and pasted the old .plist file in the correct folder. Siri worked on the first try. Something to think about. You might want to copy the .plist file to your computer as a backup.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I installed Spire. Done. 1 try.

This is unnecessarily complicated.
    Black 16gb iPhone 4S 5.1.1
    Macbook Air OSX 10.8.2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joec2 View Post
    I installed Spire. Done. 1 try.

This is unnecessarily complicated.
    Thanks for contributing nothing to this topic. I installed Spire. It NEVER worked, so I found an alternative. I wanted to share that alternative with others in the iphone community. If you don't like my tutorial, don't use it. Stick to whatever works best for you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fire_bat777 View Post
    When I re-wiped my phone for the 3rd time in the last month, I copied my com.apple.assistant.plist file to my computer before restoring. Once my phone was done restoring and I installed the certificate and Siriport app, I just copy and pasted the old .plist file in the correct folder. Siri worked on the first try. Something to think about. You might want to copy the .plist file to your computer as a backup.
    Wish I did that. I tried to use Siri today and I'm back to the "somethings amiss. I cant answer your question right now" Not sure why its no longer working. Didn't make any changes from before i went to bed and when I woke up.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

It is probably a free server. I will never get an answer from a free server.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Seems to just work over Wifi. As soon as i go back to 3G it wont connect. Does Spire do the same?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wiiman420 View Post
    Seems to just work over Wifi. As soon as i go back to 3G it wont connect. Does Spire do the same?
    Mine works fine on 3G.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got up to step 8, and after 9 hours i decided to do step 9 but i also change the persmissions of the new com.apple.assistant.plist to what they were changed to in step 4. If after say 7 hours siri is still saying 'Im really sorry about this but i cant take and requests right now. Please try again in a little while', should I start over by uninstalling it all, or just completely restoring my iphone and starting again? Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello,
    After 3 days I try to run Siri, but impossible to have an answer. I delete the plist, reinstalled Siriport but impossible to have an answer. Can someone help me?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well I finally got it working yesterday, now here comes the fun part! I've actually had to get it up again about 5 times now... It seems to not be able to stay connected. Is there a fix for this? Has anyone else had this issue? I also know for a fact two things, 1. Siri does not like My3g the app and program from cydia. 2. Siri does not like it when you respring your device... These things are things I do on a daily basis to my phone what do you suppose I should do to remedy this problem with siri, so that it may stay available like it should on a 4s device?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

don't you need to pay for a Server or sumthing? for siri to connect?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got Siriport to work on an iPhone 4 (iOS 5.0.1) and on a iPhone 3Gs (iOS 5.0.1)

Everything works on both over Wifi... I haven't yet tried it on 3G.

I did notice that on my 3Gs, the microphone icon is not available on the virtual keyboard, so I can't dictate text from the keyboard.
    Not a big thing just yet.

Does anyone know if Siriport will work on an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.3? Maybe in some limited capacity?
    I have an iPhone 4 on iOS 4.3.3 that I don't want to upgrade to iOS 5 yet, but would like to use Siri on.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I was able to get this working with the instructions above, with one execption.

Rather than trying the "Hello Siri" step every few minutes, I just spammed the Siri button for a couple minutes... just pressing it rapidly and repeatedly, not speaking or waiting for anything. In my particular case, I did this for two minutes, then Siri said my first name... Siri has worked for me since.

Elsewhere I've read you should try the spamming method for up to an hour before giving up. I've also read you should use Siri at least once daily for your authorization to stick.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for this! Just tried and after 15 Siri requests it works, not only does it work but it seems to be quicker at requests than my friend 4s which he is mad about after selling his 4 to purchase an S just for Siri use!

Thanks again!

Hope the sever stays up and running

I will also add I didn't delete the file to start with like in the video. I just changed all to red write.

In the uk on Vodafone with good wifi, no joke I had it working in under 5 minutes
    Last edited by CFCs; 04-08-2012 at 04:13 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fire_bat777 View Post
    its ok i had to retore my ipod 3 times in a day becasue of this lol
    Last edited by samp1800; 04-19-2012 at 05:45 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Safari keeps crashing. Anyone have this issue after installing Siriport?

I don't think it's a RAM issue because SBSettings says there are 83MB of free RAM after the tweak is installed.

Any ideaz?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This works. It ultimately comes down to patience. Woke up this morning to a fully functional Siri!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Gonna try this out ! ^^

5 Stunna