Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!!!! iPhone Data RECOVERY???

Unhappy Help!!!! iPhone Data RECOVERY???
    ok i recently bricked my sisters iPhone 3gs and had no option but to restore and update ... Now my sister has not backed up in ages!

so all videos and pictures of her newborn daughters are lost! :'(

However I've seen that you can recover lost files ( in the Link Below) the problem is its outdated and i dont think its working for ios 5.0.1
    here: HOW TO: iPhone Data Recovery

Or maybe its just me and it still works fine, but i get an error when on the 2nd step (entering the password)

anyways, if anyone can help i'd really appreciate it

PS: im using a Mac How can i recover the un-backed up files???
    Last edited by Otr686; 02-16-2012 at 09:34 PM. Reason: How can i recover the un-backed up files???

Umm, sorry, but from what I know and read in many places, it's lost. I've faced a similar problem too, it sucks. -_-

There are two ways to recover data from iPhone:
    1."Directly scan and recover data from your iPhone"
    a) Select the device to scan
    b) Enter the DFU mode and then scan your iPhone 4
    c) Preview and recover deleted iPhone photos/videos

2. "scan and extract your iTunes backup file"
    a) Choose iTunes backup and scan it
    b) Recover deleted iPhone data
    Last edited by mandyford; 01-20-2013 at 08:16 PM.

iTunes will back up your data automatically when you try to restore and update your 3gs. You can retrieve data lost from iTunes backup files:
    1.Configure iTunes so that it does not automatically sync with your iPhone when your phone is connected to your computer
    2.Connect your iPhone to the computer.
    3.Open iTunes
    4.Right-click on your device and press ‘Restore from backup…’

If this didn't work for you, you may try professional iphone data recovery software, this one can directly recover your data from your iphone internal database:
    CNET download link: Data Recovery for iPhone for Mac - CNET Download.com

If you have no backup of your phone then there is no way for you to recover the deleted photos, sorry it's gone.
    Last edited by JohnLively; 04-18-2013 at 01:08 AM.

iTunes copies the files to the backup and uses unique file names

Windows XP Directory: C: \Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
    Windows Vista/7 Directory: CUsers\Username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

For every device you have, there will be a folder for each that keeps your backup. Just rename the file extensions to .jpg and they'll be the original picture images that you can view on your device. If you have it shown in thumbnails, they should change from the broken/corrupted files to an actual image you can open up. All above job can be finish with the help of iPhone Data Recovery.
    Last edited by howardgavin; 06-07-2013 at 10:33 PM.

In order to retrieve deleted photos of iPhone, first of all, you should pay attention that once you deleted your data of iPhone by accident, you'd better not continue operating your iPhone again, since the new data will overwrite the data you have already lost.
    With this idea, you can recover your photo unhurriedly, which means there are chances for you to recover the lost data, you need not worry any more.
    I hope my suggestion can help you!

This is what I did and got my photos back. I had the same problem today and had just updated Facebook app and then suddenly got spit out of mail app. Rebooted and lost all my photos. Did not have iCloud. My solution:

on iPhone settings Mail, Contacts, Calenders - iCloud - contacts set to off
    on PC, downloaded and opened up iCloud panel.
    signed in with my Apple ID.
    chose to only upload Outlook contacts, calenders and tasks
    wait till everything is on the cloud
    on iPhone settings Mail, Contacts, Calenders - iCloud - contacts now set to on
    set calenders to on
    8 look in contacts and they are all there

Quote Originally Posted by mandyford View Post
    There are two ways to recover deleted data from iPhone:
    1."Directly scan and recover data from your iPhone"
    a) Select the device to scan
    b) Enter the DFU mode and then scan your iPhone 4
    c) Preview and recover deleted iPhone photos/videos

2. "scan and extract your iTunes backup file"
    a) Choose iTunes backup and scan it
    b) Recover deleted iPhone data
    I add another method, that is to extract the lost data from iCloud.
    Of course, it is based on you have frequently backed up your important data.