+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Female Siri with UK Libraries

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Heya, I was wondering if anyone knew of a tweak that would let me run the English Siri but use the classic US voice for responses. I know I could
    Thanks

Lightbulb Female Siri with UK Libraries
    Heya, I was wondering if anyone knew of a tweak that would let me run the English Siri but use the classic US voice for responses. I know I could use the US Siri outright but I've found a few inherent problems with it. For starters it doesn't like my south eastern English accent so much. When I ask "What is the forecast for tomorrow?" It always picks up as "What is the full cost for tomorrow?" If however I say the same sentence with an American accent, it picks it up just fine.

The way it recognizes words is different and I actually support that. What I'm looking for is a tweak that will send the data to apple labelled as the UK Siri so that it's all recognized correctly for my region but when it gets back to my phone, it uses the Female US Text to Speech to reply back to me.

To me it sounds like a simple enough tweak to make if things work as I think they do, simply pointing the UK settings to use the US text to speech however I don't have the first clue where to begin to look in changing this. This could also, in theory be made modular so that US Siri can use the Australian voice to mix and match. Again, I'm just spitballing as for all I know things could work in a way that makes this impossible, but then that doesn't normally stop this community. :P

I was hoping someone could give me some pointers or if it's been done before, link me to it. I've had no luck searching.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Try using Siri with a Scottish accent.some funny responses.lol