+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to package a tweak so that it gets approved in MMi's repo

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi all, I've been trying to get a Cydia tweak on modmyi's Cydia repo for a couple of days now. It basically consists of a Winterboard enabled tweak that overrides
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question How to package a tweak so that it gets approved in MMi's repo
    Hi all, I've been trying to get a Cydia tweak on modmyi's Cydia repo for a couple of days now. It basically consists of a Winterboard enabled tweak that overrides the Nxxxx.plist file found in /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app in order to disable Voice Control. Now I understand that there's a policy against altering system files, but in my case by doing it via Winterboard I'm doing the override in a safe way since the files will physically be in /Library/Themes/DisableVoiceControl.theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/.

My question is: is there anything I can do to get this tweak hosted in ModMyi's repo, or should I start looking at other alternatives?

PS: This tweak already exists for older versions of iOS (3 and maybe 4 IIRC), and is hosted by ModMyi. I just intend to update it for iOS5 and add support for all other devices.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Sounds like something the would require to work with mobilesubstrate in case of crashes; however you mentioned that it already exists for older iOS are you copying the files that were in those packages? If so if you don't give proper credit and have permission from the original author they won't accept it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Interesting. Well I never credited the original author, and in hindsight maybe I should have. I'm not using the original files since they are outdated and only work for 3GS, but the old tweak definitely helped me in understanding how to make it work.

I don't think hooking into MobileSubstrate should be necessary. If the tweak fails, then springboard doesn't load and that triggers mobile substrate's safe mode. Wait. Since Mobile Substrate isn't packaged by default with Cydia, maybe I should list it as a package dependency?

Thanks for the help. I'll give it another shot tonight.