Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Folderenhancer & foldericon

Default Folderenhancer & foldericon
    Who has this problem ? When both of these are working together, if you go to delete an app from a folder it crashes and reboots in safe mode. Major conflict and needs sorting. Both I the originators have been contacted and not interested. Anyone else have this issue ?

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

I just tried installing both and they seem to work fine together for me. Make sure you have a legitimately purchased copy of FolderEnhancer - often cracked versions don't work well.

I do have the purchases folderenhancer. But when usin folder icons as well, when you try to delete an app from a folder it will crash and reboot in safe mode. Give it time.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

Or even if you attempt to move icons within a folder if memory serves me correctly as well.

Yeah it's crap. I've even reported it and nobody can be bothered to sort it.

What do you mean about the memory ?
    Last edited by cetownsy; 02-11-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Thanks

Sorry, what I mean is, if I remember rightly, it will also crash out if you go into a folder & attempt to move an app.

That's correct.

Thanks

An update, just received a response from the developer of FolderIcons about a beta version he has, I've just tried this & I'm very pleased to say I no longer have any issues with deleting or moving icons around anymore!

Only two small issues but I've reported them back to the developer so hopefully they will get fixed
    Last edited by Susty; 02-12-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Yeah he's been in contact with me all night. But I'm still having issues and went back to an old version instead.

?????? What

Dusty what are your issues now ? Mine still crashes and you cant add your own icons as easy thats why I went back to old version.

What are you doing ??

I've gone to infinifolders. So much more reliable.

Recently found out that it played up because I had paged scrolling off. How crap. Preferred it scrolling it better. Needs sorting !

Default Simialr Issue
    I have a similar issue with FolderIcons (v2.0.7) re-booting and going into safe mode.

Here is what I emailed the developer:

First off, I have an iPhone 4S running ios 5.0.1. I am using the G.O.C HD Theme (has round icons), FolderIcons, FolderEnhancer and Springtomize. I have 21 folders set up with all my apps and have put all my folders in one folder that resides on the dock. As long as I do not remove the backgrounds or shadows of the icons, everything works fine. When I try and remove the icon background and/or shadow, the device automatically re-boots and goes into save mode. After exiting safe mode and re-springing the icon would be adjusted but when I close out of the folder with the cleaned up icon, the device reboots again.

After some testing, I noticed this happens because the folders are all in one main folder. If I drag a particular folder to the homescreen and make any adjustments, ther device does not respring unless I move the single folder back into the main folder.

Removing the icon background and shadow make the icons look like the themed icons which is great. But I like having one main folder with subfolders. Is there a possible fix for this situation
    The apps are purchased so that should be the problem. My last contact with the developer was providing the version of FI that I am using.

Yeah it is so annoying. Well so far I have turned page scrolling on and gone to non verticle page. So gar so good Also I will not update to new folder icons. I have an old version because the new had too many problems.

I use orbz.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbymodmyi1329345048.970465.jpg  
    Last edited by cetownsy; 02-15-2012 at 03:29 PM.

What version of FI are you running?

1.5.7.1-1

Soz that was FE. 2.0.7 is FI.

Same versions as mine. I'm not sure my issue is actually caused by FI, FE or just some limitation of having 21 folder in one folder "All Apps" folder. If I leave all 21 folders individually on the homescreen I can remove the background and shadow without any re-spring. Even if I make these changes in the separate homescreen folders first and then merge into the "All Apps" folder, my 4S will auto re-boot if I choose one of the folders.

The immediate solution is have 21 nice looking icons cluttering the homescreen or having weird looking folder icons within
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -iphone-folders-001.png   -all-apps-icons-.png  

How did you get that theme ? Did you pay through theme it ?

It's G.O.C. HD from Cydia. I had purchased the previous theme, G.O.C. Pro which the developer, Toyvan, is no longer working on. HD is the newer version for ios 5, i believe. Not sure if there is a cost since I had purchased the older version for my 3GS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast