Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: idea for a cydia tweak

Default idea for a cydia tweak
    I don't know if i'm the only one here with this issue but, let's say, you go to the appstore, and you find a really nice app on the Top Free on the 100th position. You press to download, you will be redirected to your homescreen and when you go back to the appstore and press the button to go back to the top free, you start from the number 1 again and you need to scroll down a few times and press "25 more" a bunch of times to continue where you were. that's really annoying imo...
    my idea is to create a tweak where you just need to scroll down, on the appstore, to see more apps without the need of pressing that "25 more" button again, again...
    What do you think? I think it would be a very nice tweak!

btw: i don't know if there is a tweak like this on cydia, at least i couldnt find it.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

That tweak will never exist
    The reason behind it is data
    It would take forever to load all the app data and app pictures, 25 at a time is a good number sorry, idk how to totally code that myself but it would be easy to code if CSS/Java is close to it

theres no need to load all apps at the same time. i was thinking about something like twitter "pull down to refresh" but this time it's a "scroll up to refresh" i think its much easier when you're scrolling the apps on the appstore making the tweak a "continuous gesture" without the need to tap the button.
    when you "scroll up" it would load 25 more apps.
    Last edited by W1TCH; 01-26-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Thanks

That would work to get this idea out to modmyi go ahead and click one of the news feed articles, click the authors name of the article and send them a message

thanks man, already sent it

One thing I would like to see is a "download later" tweak for appstore. I hate perusing apps only to find a 20+ meg app but no wifi to d/l from. If I could make a list of apps to d/l later that'd be useful. Would help with the above problem too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SMiT2710 View Post
    One thing I would like to see is a "download later" tweak for appstore. I hate perusing apps only to find a 20+ meg app but no wifi to d/l from. If I could make a list of apps to d/l later that'd be useful. Would help with the above problem too.

Edit: 3G Unrestructor 5 is in Cydia

If u install 3G Unrestrictor 5 from the AppStore then WiFi no longer matters unless your on an iPod

Else take a screenshot photo for later
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 02-06-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Edit: 3G Unrestructor 5 is in Cydia

If u install 3G Unrestrictor 5 from the AppStore then WiFi no longer matters unless your on an iPod

Else take a screenshot photo for later
    3G unrestrictor isn't really a viable option as data is expensive! Much of my app browsing takes place during times of boredom which usually means I'm not in an area with wifi.

The screenprint option is ok, but bouncing in and out of the appstore to view pictures is a tad annoying. I have submitted a request to apple for the same idea as I think a wishlist/download later list would be a useful option to have.

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

There was a tweak called "StayOpened" that let you download apps from the App Store without closing it each time, but I don't think it's been updated to work with iOS 5.