+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Utilizing Volume Buttons for Texting?

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I am trying to find a way to utilize the volume buttons to control tasks during texting such as activate voice to text, finish voice to text and send a
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Utilizing Volume Buttons for Texting?
    I am trying to find a way to utilize the volume buttons to control tasks during texting such as activate voice to text, finish voice to text and send a text.

I need to text a lot while driving and while the voice to text feature is very nice you still need to look at the screen to initiate voice to text, finish voice to text and send the text.

I have looked into Activator and it does not look like it will help with this.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Marilina's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wsutard1 View Post
    I am trying to find a way to utilize the volume buttons to control tasks during texting such as activate voice to text, finish voice to text and send a text.

I need to text a lot while driving and while the voice to text feature is very nice you still need to look at the screen to initiate voice to text, finish voice to text and send the text.

I have looked into Activator and it does not look like it will help with this.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to accomplish this?
    What iphone do you have? Because if you have a jailbroken 4s you can use Handsfree Voice control and initiate siri without even touching the screen.