Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Custom slider text HELP ME.

Question Custom slider text HELP ME.
    so I'm updating a theme and I want to add custom slider text. I added en.lproj to bundles folder. then added the strings document. The problem is that the document saves as ...springboard.strings.txt instead of ...springboard.strings how can i fix this?

Thanks for responding
    Attached Files Attached Files

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sellbars's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Theme-roy Jenkins! View Post
    so I'm updating a theme and I want to add custom slider text. I added en.lproj to bundles folder. then added the strings document. The problem is that the document saves as ...springboard.strings.txt instead of ...springboard.strings how can i fix this?

Thanks for responding
    I have a very simple and easy solution for you .

1. Download iFile from Cydia, the iPhone browser ( you're jailbroken, so that should be easy).
    2. Restoring (this is automatic if you install iFile).
    3. Open iFile.
    4. Go to your text file that you want to be a string file.
    5. Tap the file's arrow button located after the name.
    6. Select your file's name, located at the top of the screen.
    7. The keyboard will show up. Erase ".txt" from the end of your text file to make it into a string file.
    8. Tap Done to save your file as a string file.

Thanks for responding
    You can also try Springtomize, which is a Cydia app that allows you to change the slider text, and a ton of other things on the Springboard. That's what I use, and it's super easy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by webs1 View Post
    You can also try Springtomize, which is a Cydia app that allows you to change the slider text, and a ton of other things on the Springboard. That's what I use, and it's super easy.
    But this person can't select the slider text. No option = No change.

Thanks for replying. I know how to edit through ifile, but I need to edit it with my pc so when I publish the updated theme to cydia it will have the custom slider included. I am wondering if there is some sort of word processor that can be used to save in formats like .strings.

Dude! Here's what I can maybe do. First delete the theme in my phone because I optimized it. Then replace with the unoptimized theme from my comp. Then, thank you sellbars, change the filename in ifile. And finally copy the theme with the proper file name back onto my comp and publish that. Nice!!!
    Last edited by Theme-roy Jenkins!; 01-02-2012 at 09:32 PM.

Thanks

Thanks for replying. I know how to edit through ifile, but I need to edit it with my pc so when I publish the updated theme to cydia it will have the custom slider included. I am wondering if there is some sort of word processor that can be used to save in formats like .strings.
    You would have to manually edit that yourself (I do that). Just open up Notepad and click "Save as...". Than select "All file types" to provide an option to edit the file extension. Than rename the document with the file extension ".strings".

Dude! Here's what I can maybe do. First delete the theme in my phone because I optimized it. Then replace with the unoptimized theme from my comp. Then, thank you sellbars, change the filename in ifile. And finally copy the theme with the proper file name back onto my comp and publish that. Nice!!!
    You are welcome. Can you please thank my post? I will gladly appriciate it

Haha no no you don't have to force yourself to go through all that, you say you just need to change the .txt to .strings to change the file format right?
    Well if you are on a Windows PC it's fast and easy:

1. Open explorer to where the file you want changed is.
    2. On the top of the explorer window where File, Edit menu's are there, a menu called Tools should be there. (If you can't see the menu's hit alt on your keyboard while on the window and they should pop up)
    3. Click Tools > Folder Options. Go to View tab, under Advanced settings untick the box "Hide extensions for known file types".
    4. Click Apply and OK.
    5. The file SpringBoard.strings should now read SpringBoard.strings.txt , remove the .txt in the end and you're good to go.

Thanks

Sweet. Thanks
    Make sure to thank both our posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sellbars View Post
    But this person can't select the slider text. No option = No change.
    Ahh - I misunderstood - thought he was trying to change the slider text on his phone, but now see he wants to include it in a theme.