Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS5 Haptic/Keayboard feedback?

Default iOS5 Haptic/Keayboard feedback?
    Hello, i had modified .plist files on my iphone 4 with 4.3.3 to create haptic feedback on the keyboard when typing, i tried to use the same code in the iOS5 .plist files with no luck so far. Has anyone successfully edited their .plist files to create this haptic feedback? i know the .plist files have moved from system/library/privateframeworks/celestial.framework (iOS4) to system/library/privateframeworks/mediatoolbox.framework

thanks

Same here... any luck?
    -J

No luck here yet... Anyone with working haptic pro on ios5 that can share their systemsoundvibrationpatterns.plist and systemsoundbehavior.plist files to see if/how it changes those files?

Not even sure if thats how haptic pro works but just curious

I actually used my modified SystemSoundBehavior.plist and SystemSoundVibrationPatterns.plist from 4.x that I was using and they work fine. The locations have changed to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MediaToolbox.framework and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MediaToolbox.framework/N90.

Here's what I did...
    1.) ssh as root into the phone
    2.) cd /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MediaToolbox.framework
    3.) cp SystemSoundVibrationPatterns.plist SystemSoundVibrationPatterns.orig
    4.) copy in your edited SystemSoundVibrationPatterns.plist
    5.) make sure the owner/group of the copied file is root/wheel (it should be, but if not, use chown to repair)
    6.) chmod 644 SystemSoundVibrationPatterns.plist
    7.) cd N90
    8.) cp SystemSoundBehavior.plist SystemSoundBehavior.orig
    9.) copy in your edited SystemSoundBehavior.plist
    10.) make sure the owner/group of the copied file is root/wheel (it should be, but if not, use chown to repair)
    11.) chmod 644 SystemSoundBehavior.plist

reboot.

Here are the ones I use. As I said, these are the same files that I had on my iOS4 install.

haptic files.zip

-J

Quote Originally Posted by miatawnt2b View Post
    i actually used my modified systemsoundbehavior.plist and systemsoundvibrationpatterns.plist from 4.x that i was using and they work fine. The locations have changed to /system/library/privateframeworks/mediatoolbox.framework and /system/library/privateframeworks/mediatoolbox.framework/n90.

Here's what i did...
    1.) ssh as root into the phone
    2.) cd /system/library/privateframeworks/mediatoolbox.framework
    3.) cp systemsoundvibrationpatterns.plist systemsoundvibrationpatterns.orig
    4.) copy in your edited systemsoundvibrationpatterns.plist
    5.) make sure the owner/group of the copied file is root/wheel (it should be, but if not, use chown to repair)
    6.) chmod 644 systemsoundvibrationpatterns.plist
    7.) cd n90
    8.) cp systemsoundbehavior.plist systemsoundbehavior.orig
    9.) copy in your edited systemsoundbehavior.plist
    10.) make sure the owner/group of the copied file is root/wheel (it should be, but if not, use chown to repair)
    11.) chmod 644 systemsoundbehavior.plist

reboot.

Here are the ones i use. As i said, these are the same files that i had on my ios4 install.

haptic files.zip

-j
    awesome! Thanks that did work great!

Hi. I tried one of these tweaks and now have no vibrations at all. I have an iPhone 4s on 5.0.1. Can someone please post the stock plist for the iPhone 4s that I need to put into the mediatoolbox. Right now I just have a plist that says systemsoundswithspecialbehaviors.plist
    I assume this is not what it should say right? I need to remove that and add the stock systemsoundehaviors.plist. Can someone please help? Thank you so much in advance. Again I have the 4s because not sure if the file is different from the 4. I also think I need the systemsoundvibration plist. Maybe someone with a 4s could just upload the entire mediatoolbox file? Thanks again.