Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Icon labels.

Default Icon labels.
    Hey, so this is probably a really simple question to answer but I just cannot figure it out, and I've got some experience with jailbreaks and iPhones. I've recently bought and installed Colorgasm HD and I've been fooling around with my phone for a little bit on Cyberduck and just through winter board and such trying to get the icon labels on the dock to appear. No docked icon labels isn't checked off so I know this is how the theme is meant to be, without the icon labels on the dock. But I'd like the icon labels, so I assume you have to change it via ssh, but I cannot find the folder or bundle where I can change it, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.png  

You will have to ssh into your themes folder in Winterboard, locate the theme you are using, to find where the file was placed for no dock labels.. Most likely it will be a info.plist... Not sure where it would be placed within your themed folders or bundles tho..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cubeman For This Useful Post:

Aesthetic (01-02-2012)

Thanks so much! I just didn't know that I had to edit the info.plist, but I found it in the folder and just changed the transparent to white, etc. Thanks again!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Like the other guy "cubeman" said we have no idea without looking at the theme as to where the .plist is located but search your theme and look for and open all .plist one by one until you find a code in one that looks something like this:

<key>DockedIconLabelStyle</key>
    <string>color: transparent; text-shadow: transparent 0px 1px 2px;</string>

and change string line to:

<string>color: white; text-shadow: #000000 0px 2px 2px;</string>

you might have to mess with the shadow px but "0px 2px 2px" should do it.

Edit*
    Damn it, you beat me to it lol
    Last edited by hadzo; 01-03-2012 at 02:06 PM. Reason: lmao!