Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: problems with icons and theming

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default problems with icons and theming
    Hi guys,

Having recently j'broken my iphone 4 (5.0.1) I've been using winterboard to add new themes/icons etc. It all works fine except that the "email" icon refuses to alter with any new theme or icon set and is stubbornly stuck in its stock form. I've tried multiple themes and it is the only icon that refuses to alter.

I've looked over a number of solutions (resetting springboard mode, rebooting etc) but none of them have worked. The only other solution I have yet to try is renaming the file (a solution I've spotted a few times), I have iFile but I'm not sure where the file I need is located or what to do when I do find it (new to this modding business as I am!)

Any suggestions would be appreciated, apologies if this has been posted before (I have searched high and low for it), if it has I'll also accept a kick in the *** and a hyperlink to send me to the right forum/topic!

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Here you go. Go to "/var/stash/themes/whateveryourthemeis. In that file you will locate another folder named "budles" open that up and you'll see yet another folder that says "com.apple.mobilemail" you'll find the mail icon in there. Here is the trick, it has to say "[email protected]" but what's weird is that you have to change the i to and uppercase one, "I". If you have other icons that this happens to that will probably do the trick!