Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ADD and/or EDIT IntelliScreenX Toggles!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,308 Times in 1,022 Posts

Default ADD and/or EDIT IntelliScreenX Top-Shelf Toggles!
    Add/Edit IntelliScreenX (ISX) Top-Shelf Toggles

-isxtoggle-stock.png

This info 'might' be floating around on the internet somewhere but here's what I figured out last night so I decided to make a write-up!

***I discovered that RemoveBackground crashes the springboard with this tweak. I don't know if its tweak related or IntelliScreenX related. DO NOT use RemoveBackground with this tweak!!!***

Tools Needed:
    SBSettings installed
    File Structure program (iFile, WinSCP, etc.)

I'll start w/ the simple stuff, first: Adding Toggles

ADD TOGGLES:
    ***Note: This applies the DEFAULT SBSettings Toggles (you know...these ugly ones! LOL!)
    -sbsettings-default.png

1. Install SBSettings and Respring
    2. Open the Setings.app
    3. Navigate to Notifications
    4. Scroll to ISX QuickSettings
    5. Tap edit
    6. Drag ALL the ISX Settings to the Bottom Section
    7. Drag whatever (non-ISX) Settings you want to use into the Top Section *the IntelliScreenX Settings bar holds six at a time*

That's it!!!

EDITING TOGGLES:
    'Editing' toggles replaces the DEFAULT SBSettings Theme. If you want to keep this theme, then you MUST rename the DEFAULT Folder (i.e. Default1) and then create a new DEFAULT 'Folder' for this to work.

***I will explain the steps using iFile since it's faster and easier. I HIGHLY suggest getting iFile if you are a true jailbreaker.***

1. Install SBSettings and Respring (if you haven't already done so)
    2. Install whatever SBSettings Theme you want to display in ISX
    3. Open iFile
    4. Navigate to var/mobile/Library/SBSettings/Themes
    5. Open the folder of the 'Theme' you want to use. (i.e. Tenius Matte, iRetina+, etc.)
    6. In iFile, tap EDIT (top right)
    7. Press and hold down on any of the files you see until a Menu Bar appears
    8. Choose 'Select All'
    9. Tap the 'Clipboard' Icon (bottom right)
    10. Choose 'Copy'
    11. Navigate back to var/mobile/Library/SBSettings/Themes
    12. Open the DEFAULT folder
    13. Tap EDIT (top right), again
    14. Tap the 'Clipboard' Icon (bottom right)
    15. Choose 'Paste'
    16. When prompted, choose OVERWRITE ALL
    17. RESPRING!
    18. Follow steps 2-7 from the ADD TOGGLES instructions above

That's it!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This tweak does not show up in HD even if your SBSettings Theme was a HD Theme. I am not a Themer, but I assume it's just a Icon Sizing issue. Enjoy!!!

I have discovered that resizing the icons DOES make the Toggles HD/Retina Display compatible!!!

-isxtoggle-hd.png

Search Google for 'Add - Edit - Customize IntelliScreenX Toggles' and you will find the site where I have hosted these files for download!
    Last edited by thazsar; 01-06-2012 at 01:20 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

1hihum (01-17-2012), DaRock (01-06-2012), geoscha (12-31-2011), IChi1d (03-10-2013), smonme (04-02-2012)

Thanks

Wow! No replies....

I guess this wasn't as exciting for everyone else like it was for me! LOL!

Default Absolutley briliant!!
    this is pure genius! and im not being sarcastic about it..
    after purchacing IntelliScreenX, i couldnt manage to get the right icons to my added toggles.
    Ive been digging for days around the net to find a stragiht forward answer to a simple question, but just could find one until now!

made my weekend alot better now

THANX!

Thanks

@FunkyFish,
    Glad to hear it!!! Post a screenshot if you don't mind!

Yep, adding toggles works a treat! Thanks mate.

To download the latest version of IntelliScreenX v1.2.5
    https://twitter.com/saeedzaxo/status/155084199794184193

Its a great write up and thank you.

Question - is it possible to install new toggles without installing or using SBSettings? If so please let me know.

I have managed to change My3G icon only so far in - /var/mobile/Library/SBSettings/Theme/IntelliScreenX

Also where are the default topshelf icons located and names if known. Thanks.

Forgot to add am on iOS 5.0.1 Redsno0w beta 3.
    Last edited by DaRock; 01-06-2012 at 02:44 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaRock View Post
    Its a great write up and thank you.

Question - is it possible to install new toggles without installing or using SBSettings? If so please let me know.

I have managed to change My3G icon only so far in - /var/mobile/Library/SBSettings/Theme/IntelliScreenX

Also where are the default topshelf icons located and names if known. Thanks.

Forgot to add am on iOS 5.0.1 Redsno0w beta 3.
    This write-up is ONLY for the Top-Shelf IntelliScreenX Toggles

This tweak REQUIRES SBSettings to be installed since it still uses the slide-in options, such as Processes, Brightness, Fast Notes, etc.

If you find extra 'SBSettings' toggles on Cydia (e.g. Autolock, KillBG, UAFaker, etc.) then you can use that toggle with this tweak!!! Expanding on that, if you get a SBSettings Theme and it has icons for those toggles, then you can have those themed icons/toggles in IntelliScreenX.

BTW, to theme the Top-Shelf icons, you have to place the new icons in the var/....../SBSettings/Themes/Default folder; not the IntelliScreenX folder. Read the tutorial above and you'll learn how to use 'ANY' SBSetting Theme in the IntelliScreenX Top Shelf! Good Luck!
    Last edited by thazsar; 01-06-2012 at 01:04 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

DaRock (01-06-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    This write-up is ONLY for the Top-Shelf IntelliScreenX Toggles

This tweak REQUIRES SBSettings to be installed since it still uses the slide-in options, such as Processes, Brightness, Fast Notes, etc.

If you find extra 'SBSettings' toggles on Cydia (e.g. Autolock, KillBG, UAFaker, etc.) then you can use that toggle with this tweak!!! Expanding on that, if you get a SBSettings Theme and it has icons for those toggles, then you can have those themed icons/toggles in IntelliScreenX.

BTW, to theme the Top-Shelf icons, you have to place the new icons in the var/....../SBSettings/Themes/Default folder; not the IntelliScreenX folder. Read the tutorial above and you'll learn how to use 'ANY' SBSetting Theme in the IntelliScreenX Top Shelf! Good Luck!
    Thanks for the info. Shame that still have to use SBSettings - only use 6 toggles generally and the ones in the intelliscreenx topshelf would have been enough. Thanks for your help.

Thanks

I agree but it's still nice that we can use any SBSettings Theme and Toggle. I tried to figure out how to do this w/out SBSettings but that's just not possible yet. I assume the Intelliborn team will eventually build these other functions into their top-shelf.

I really didn't like the ISX Toggles and I wanted my iRetina Toggles instead....which started me on my quest to figure out how to get them in that top-shelf space.

Currently, I'm trying to find ANYONE that can make Toggles for: Reboot, Safe Mode, and Power Down... since I already have HD/Retina Display icons for those!

Add "@2x" to the on and off images to make them HD

Also the original ISX toggles are located in System > Library > WeeAppPlugins > IntelliscreenXQuickSettings.bundle

I am working on replacing them with HD iRetina Toggles

Also this is my first post here... so Hi

----Edit----

OK, its pretty simple. Take you desired toggles from your SBS theme. Each folder (Bluetooth, Data, etc) has an "On" and "Off" photo. All you have to do is rename them for ISX. For example:

Bluetooth (Folder) > On.png will become [email protected] and it will go in the ISX bundle folder. \

ISX has like 8 photos for each toggle. You only really need two. On and Off. Just rename all the old ones (I added .bak to the end of them) and add your new photos. If you are using and SD device then do not include the "@2x".
    Last edited by Fight9; 01-10-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Thanks

@Fight9

I have successfully changed all the ISX toggles to iRetina toggles. They look good. I couldnt find a good Respring toggle so I used the iPod one. Its kinda silly but it will work. I'll zip them up and post it.

Also, what do you mean above with the "@Fight9"?

Here are the renames toggles for ISX.

BACK UP YOUR ORIGINAL FILES

also rename the "Active" files as we will not be using them.

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

-iretinatogglesonisx.png
    Last edited by Fight9; 01-10-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Thanks

@Fight9,*
    ***Sorry the ModMyI.app is buggy right now so that was a mistake! LOL!

If all you want to do is replace the Default ISX Toggles w/ a different themed toggle, then your method is correct!

W/ my method, though, you regain the functionality for all of the preloaded AND add-on SBSettings Toggles that can be found on Cydia. *Examples include: Autolock, UAFaker, Freemem, etc., etc. *

These add-on Toggles are not available for ISX yet, so my method gives users the ability to have them in their ISX Toggle Shelf. *For me, one major advantage to my method is being able to use the 'Processes' toggle for killing stubborn apps and Freeing Memory.

In the end, it boils down to what the user needs and wants. * Thanx for sharing the other way users can theme their ISX Toggles!!!

Well you can add those toggles through ISX QuickSettings under Notifications in the Settings app. To theme those new toggles in HD, find your new theme the SBSettings folder and rename them to default (as you originally posted). After that, just find the on/off photos in that new default folder, duplicate them, and add "@2x" to then. Respring and you now have your Cydia-Downloaded, third-party, and themed Toggles under your ISX QuickSettings widget.

Thanks for the starting info on this. You inspired me to take this a little further in theming the Notification Center. I absolutely hate the SBSettings Notification Center Widget. Its really dodgy.

Thanks

No prob!
    I might've took mine to the extreme then, since I resized ALL of the iRetina Toggles (120x120) to match the ISX Toggle sizes (48x46 & 96x92 @2x). I did the smaller icons at 48x48 and the @2x icons at 96x96 but now I'm wondering if I just wasted my time! Hahahahaha! Oh well... Glad you found an easier way so it won't be so daunting for other users! Thanx!!!!

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Wow! No replies....

I guess this wasn't as exciting for everyone else like it was for me! LOL!
    I am stoked to find this! You are definitely not alone here! I hated seeing that UGLY *** default SBsettings icon in the middle of my "top shelf". By the way, I use removeBG all the time (and that was the ugly icon I was referring to). After renaming my desired theme to "Default" the SB did indeed crash as you said it would. However, it only crashed the first time for me. Now it seems to work just fine every time I hit it. I am a very happy camper sir thanks to your discovery!

I have tried downloading this from cydia and from the link you posted. Nothing works! Any chance of helping me out??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaninfg View Post
    I have tried downloading this from cydia and from the link you posted. Nothing works! Any chance of helping me out??
    Sorry,
    Havent been on MMI for a while and I just saw this post. Did you get the repo that is hosting it? The package was having some problems installing correctly but I fixed the script for that. My apologies...

Link v. 1.0-4 (manually install this .deb): http://www.mediafire.com/?fjsibdvgqbniawq
    Last edited by thazsar; 02-22-2012 at 12:21 PM.

This is brilliant!

I hated those ugly SBSettings toggles which didn't match my IntelliScreenX ones.

I used a similar method to make all the mods except I used CyberDuck (OS X version of putty) to make the changes to the theme files.

Just to be extra clear, you want to search for every toggles' on/off file and make the changes below if you want them to look HD on your iPhone's lockscreen. For example ‘bgPattern.png’ at 100px x 100px and ‘[email protected]’ at 200px x 200px!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast