Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Change SMS vib in SystemSoundVibrationPatterns.plist in ios 5.x

  1. #1
    Default Change SMS vib in SystemSoundVibrationPatterns.plist in ios 5.x
    SystemSoundVibrationPatterns.plist in ios 5.x

    in 4.x changing the vib pattern was as easy as SSH to the following folder: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/

    Than to increase vib length add to the on duration. The total duration needs to be increased to include that and the offduration.
    For sms vib you have on duration worth 3 times the vib (.8 plus .8 plus .8) and add the off time as well.
    All of that is the total duration (like 2.7)

    so it was real easy to change the sms vib to 3 vibrates for an incoming text.

    The plist portion related to the sms vib looked like this

    <key>SMSReceived_Alert</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>OffDuration</key>
    <real>0.10000000000000001</real>
    <key>OnDuration</key>
    <real>0.80000000000000004</real>
    <key>TotalDuration</key>
    <real>2.7000000000000002</real>
    </dict>
    </dict>
    </plist>




    But in ios 5.x the plist moved to

    /system/library/privateframeworks/mediatoolbox.framework


    and the plist now looks like this:

    </dict>
    <key>SMSReceived</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>VibePattern</key>
    <array>
    <true/>
    <integer>200</integer>
    <false/>
    <integer>75</integer>
    <true/>
    <integer>400</integer>
    </array>
    </dict>
    <key>SMSReceived_Alert</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>VibePattern</key>
    <array>
    <true/>
    <integer>200</integer>
    <false/>
    <integer>75</integer>
    <true/>
    <integer>400</integer>
    </array>
    </dict>
    <key>SMSReceived_Selection</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>VibePattern</key>
    <array>
    <true/>
    <integer>200</integer>
    <false/>
    <integer>75</integer>
    <true/>
    <integer>400</integer>
    </array>
    </dict>
    <key>SMSReceived_Vibrate</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>VibePattern</key>
    <array>
    <true/>
    <integer>200</integer>
    <false/>
    <integer>75</integer>
    <true/>
    <integer>400</integer>
    </array>
    </dict>
    </dict>
    </plist>


    Now I just cannot figure out how this all relates to the number of vibs.

    Can anyone figure out how I can make the SMS vibrate 3 times using this new plist ??

  2. #2
    If I had a nickel... thazsar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    4,699
    Thanks
    814
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,238 Posts

    Or....
    Just go to the Settings.app
    Select SOUNDS
    Scroll to the bottom
    Choose VIBRATION
    Choose Create New Vibration

    Now, you can customize 'how' your phone will vibrate

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    Or....
    Just go to the Settings.app
    Select SOUNDS
    Scroll to the bottom
    Choose VIBRATION
    Choose Create New Vibration

    Now, you can customize 'how' your phone will vibrate
    But that only changed the call/ringtone vibration, it does not affect the sms vib. i too am trying to figure this plist out.

  4. #4
    Create a few as good as you can get it to what you want then check it out UserGeneratedVibrationPatterns.plist to see if you can work out what values you need for the SystemSoundVibrationPatterns.plist

    Code:
    /User/Media/Vibrations/UserGeneratedVibrationPatterns.plist

  5. #5
    Good idea, I will try that.

  6. #6
    i have also been trying to figure out how to create custom keyboard haptic feedback by editing a plist file rather than downloading haptic pro, if anyone has attempted that on ios 5.0.1, i had it working on 4.3.3 but i dont know if the code is the same....

  7. #7
    I applied this change to my plist and my sms vibration now has 3 long vibrations alot better then what it was !!

    ios 5.x the plist

    /system/library/privateframeworks/mediatoolbox.framework

    SystemSoundVibrationPatterns



    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>ConnectedToPower</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>OffDuration</key>
    <real>0.10000000000000001</real>
    <key>OnDuration</key>
    <real>0.40000000000000002</real>
    <key>TotalDuration</key>
    <real>1</real>
    </dict>
    <key>Default</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>OffDuration</key>
    <real>0.10000000000000001</real>
    <key>OnDuration</key>
    <real>0.40000000000000002</real>
    <key>TotalDuration</key>
    <real>0.5</real>
    </dict>
    <key>JBL_Begin</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>OffDuration</key>
    <real>0.20000000000000001</real>
    <key>OnDuration</key>
    <real>0.10000000000000001</real>
    <key>TotalDuration</key>
    <real>0.29999999999999999</real>
    </dict>
    <key>JBL_Cancel</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>OffDuration</key>
    <real>0.20000000000000001</real>
    <key>OnDuration</key>
    <real>0.10000000000000001</real>
    <key>TotalDuration</key>
    <real>0.29999999999999999</real>
    </dict>
    <key>ReminderAlert</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>OffDuration</key>
    <real>0.10000000000000001</real>
    <key>OnDuration</key>
    <real>0.65000000000000002</real>
    <key>TotalDuration</key>
    <real>0.75</real>
    </dict>
    <key>RingerSwitchIndication</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>OffDuration</key>
    <real>0.10000000000000001</real>
    <key>OnDuration</key>
    <real>0.29999999999999999</real>
    <key>TotalDuration</key>
    <real>0.40000000000000002</real>
    </dict>
    <key>SMSReceived</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>VibePattern</key>
    <array>
    <true/>
    <integer>1200</integer>
    <false/>
    <integer>600</integer>
    <true/>
    <integer>1200</integer>
    <false/>
    <integer>600</integer>
    <true/>
    <integer>1200</integer>
    </array>
    </dict>
    <key>SMSReceived_Alert</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>VibePattern</key>
    <array>
    <true/>
    <integer>1200</integer>
    <false/>
    <integer>600</integer>
    <true/>
    <integer>1200</integer>
    <false/>
    <integer>600</integer>
    <true/>
    <integer>1200</integer>
    </array>
    </dict>
    <key>SMSReceived_Selection</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>VibePattern</key>
    <array>
    <true/>
    <integer>1200</integer>
    <false/>
    <integer>600</integer>
    <true/>
    <integer>1200</integer>
    <false/>
    <integer>600</integer>
    <true/>
    <integer>1200</integer>
    </array>
    </dict>
    <key>SMSReceived_Vibrate</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>VibePattern</key>
    <array>
    <true/>
    <integer>1200</integer>
    <false/>
    <integer>600</integer>
    <true/>
    <integer>1200</integer>
    <false/>
    <integer>600</integer>
    <true/>
    <integer>1200</integer>
    </array>
    </dict>
    </dict>
    </plist>

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by solartaco3 View Post
    I applied this change to my plist and my sms vibration now has 3 long vibrations alot better then what it was !!

    ios 5.x the plist

    /system/library/privateframeworks/mediatoolbox.framework

    SystemSoundVibrationPatterns



    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>ConnectedToPower</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>OffDuration</key>
    <real>0.10000000000000001</real>
    <key>OnDuration</key>
    <real>0.40000000000000002</real>
    <key>TotalDuration</key>
    <real>1</real>
    </dict>
    <key>Default</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>OffDuration</key>
    <real>0.10000000000000001</real>
    <key>OnDuration</key>
    <real>0.40000000000000002</real>
    <key>TotalDuration</key>
    <real>0.5</real>
    </dict>
    <key>JBL_Begin</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>OffDuration</key>
    <real>0.20000000000000001</real>
    <key>OnDuration</key>
    <real>0.10000000000000001</real>
    <key>TotalDuration</key>
    <real>0.29999999999999999</real>
    </dict>
    <key>JBL_Cancel</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>OffDuration</key>
    <real>0.20000000000000001</real>
    <key>OnDuration</key>
    <real>0.10000000000000001</real>
    <key>TotalDuration</key>
    <real>0.29999999999999999</real>
    </dict>
    <key>ReminderAlert</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>OffDuration</key>
    <real>0.10000000000000001</real>
    <key>OnDuration</key>
    <real>0.65000000000000002</real>
    <key>TotalDuration</key>
    <real>0.75</real>
    </dict>
    <key>RingerSwitchIndication</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>OffDuration</key>
    <real>0.10000000000000001</real>
    <key>OnDuration</key>
    <real>0.29999999999999999</real>
    <key>TotalDuration</key>
    <real>0.40000000000000002</real>
    </dict>
    <key>SMSReceived</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>VibePattern</key>
    <array>
    <true/>
    <integer>1200</integer>
    <false/>
    <integer>600</integer>
    <true/>
    <integer>1200</integer>
    <false/>
    <integer>600</integer>
    <true/>
    <integer>1200</integer>
    </array>
    </dict>
    <key>SMSReceived_Alert</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>VibePattern</key>
    <array>
    <true/>
    <integer>1200</integer>
    <false/>
    <integer>600</integer>
    <true/>
    <integer>1200</integer>
    <false/>
    <integer>600</integer>
    <true/>
    <integer>1200</integer>
    </array>
    </dict>
    <key>SMSReceived_Selection</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>VibePattern</key>
    <array>
    <true/>
    <integer>1200</integer>
    <false/>
    <integer>600</integer>
    <true/>
    <integer>1200</integer>
    <false/>
    <integer>600</integer>
    <true/>
    <integer>1200</integer>
    </array>
    </dict>
    <key>SMSReceived_Vibrate</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>VibePattern</key>
    <array>
    <true/>
    <integer>1200</integer>
    <false/>
    <integer>600</integer>
    <true/>
    <integer>1200</integer>
    <false/>
    <integer>600</integer>
    <true/>
    <integer>1200</integer>
    </array>
    </dict>
    </dict>
    </plist>
    Excellent! That works great for me thanks!

  9. #9
    I got that to work too and was experimenting with if we need to change all 4 of the sms entries or just the received one?

    I also cut the ConnectedToPower time in half to 0.20000000000000001 and you get 3 really quick vibs. Im working on cutting it down to 2 quick vibs.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by billinaz View Post
    I got that to work too and was experimenting with if we need to change all 4 of the sms entries or just the received one?

    I also cut the ConnectedToPower time in half to 0.20000000000000001 and you get 3 really quick vibs. Im working on cutting it down to 2 quick vibs.
    Billinaz,

    Im curious as to what you found? Needing to change all four within the SMS entry?

  11. #11
    Alas,

    i edited the list file and this did not work for me...

    i still get no vibrations...


    did you have to do anything special in the settings or in bitesms?


    Thank You
    Mylyf

  12. #12
    Here is the plist I am using. I had to chane two of the four sms vib entries. It now gives 3 long vibes for an sms. I also cut the power on vibs to half of the duration to make them 2 quick vibs when attached to power.


    Copy this into a plist editor, and replace the plist in ios 5.x

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>ConnectedToPower</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>OffDuration</key>
    <real>0.10000000000000001</real>
    <key>OnDuration</key>
    <real>0.20000000000000001</real>
    <key>TotalDuration</key>
    <real>0.59999999999999998</real>
    </dict>
    <key>Default</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>OffDuration</key>
    <real>0.10000000000000001</real>
    <key>OnDuration</key>
    <real>0.40000000000000002</real>
    <key>TotalDuration</key>
    <real>0.5</real>
    </dict>
    <key>JBL_Begin</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>OffDuration</key>
    <real>0.20000000000000001</real>
    <key>OnDuration</key>
    <real>0.10000000000000001</real>
    <key>TotalDuration</key>
    <real>0.29999999999999999</real>
    </dict>
    <key>JBL_Cancel</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>OffDuration</key>
    <real>0.20000000000000001</real>
    <key>OnDuration</key>
    <real>0.10000000000000001</real>
    <key>TotalDuration</key>
    <real>0.29999999999999999</real>
    </dict>
    <key>ReminderAlert</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>OffDuration</key>
    <real>0.10000000000000001</real>
    <key>OnDuration</key>
    <real>0.65000000000000002</real>
    <key>TotalDuration</key>
    <real>0.75</real>
    </dict>
    <key>RingerSwitchIndication</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>OffDuration</key>
    <real>0.10000000000000001</real>
    <key>OnDuration</key>
    <real>0.29999999999999999</real>
    <key>TotalDuration</key>
    <real>0.40000000000000002</real>
    </dict>
    <key>SMSReceived</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>VibePattern</key>
    <array>
    <true/>
    <integer>1000</integer>
    <false/>
    <integer>600</integer>
    <true/>
    <integer>1000</integer>
    <false/>
    <integer>600</integer>
    <true/>
    <integer>1000</integer>
    </array>
    </dict>
    <key>SMSReceived_Alert</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>VibePattern</key>
    <array>
    <true/>
    <integer>1000</integer>
    <false/>
    <integer>600</integer>
    <true/>
    <integer>1000</integer>
    <false/>
    <integer>600</integer>
    <true/>
    <integer>1000</integer>
    </array>
    </dict>
    <key>SMSReceived_Selection</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>VibePattern</key>
    <array>
    <true/>
    <integer>200</integer>
    <false/>
    <integer>75</integer>
    <true/>
    <integer>400</integer>
    </array>
    </dict>
    <key>SMSReceived_Vibrate</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Intensity</key>
    <real>1</real>
    <key>VibePattern</key>
    <array>
    <true/>
    <integer>200</integer>
    <false/>
    <integer>75</integer>
    <true/>
    <integer>400</integer>
    </array>
    </dict>
    </dict>
    </plist>
    Last edited by billinaz; 01-02-2012 at 04:13 PM.

  13. #13
    WELL DONE!! Worked perfect! If it does not take effect after a respring, reboot!

    I opened the file in ifile after I mod'd it.. Much easier to keep moding it under Property List Viewer.. Real easy to use editor in ifile!

    Thanks guys, good work!!

  14. #14
    Can someone explain what values mean what so we can edit it to different vibes and lengths? Also, where is the part for mail? Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by dawg1 View Post
    Can someone explain what values mean what so we can edit it to different vibes and lengths? Also, where is the part for mail? Thanks!
    Ok, played with the values and got what I like. ... but where is the mail vibrate lines?
    Last edited by dawg1; 01-03-2012 at 07:29 PM.

  15. #15
    billinaz: when ever i use your mod my volume up down on screen wont show the little squares! is there any way to fix this.
    Thank you!

  16. #16
    The mail vib is in a different place. I didnt change that.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by billinaz View Post
    The mail vib is in a different place. I didnt change that.
    Can you point me to where to find it if you happen to know. Thanks.

  18. #18
    This is a tricky modification. I copied and pasted exactly what billinaz suggested and rebooted my iPhone 4S. It worked. The vibrations are longer. However, immediately after receiving a text, any alert sounds I have used is distorted now. It's no biggie. Also, if I try to preview the alert sounds in Sound settings, it's doesn't play.

  19. #19
    I dont get why that would happen. These dont have anyhting to do with sound.

    Ive done this on several phones and never had any problem with sounds.

    Did you happen to change anything else?

    I have the plist you could just drop in if you want me to send that to you.

  20. #20
    I didn't change anything else. I copied and pasted in exactly what you put in this forum. I wonder though if the difference is that I have an iPhone 4S. Maybe the plist file is slightly different in 4S compared to iPhone 4?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •