+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i want louder speaker

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
first of all, my iPhone speaker sux. My cousin has a tmobile dash and her speakers are really loud and really clear as well. While on the other hand my
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default i want louder speaker
    first of all, my iPhone speaker sux.

My cousin has a tmobile dash and her speakers are really loud and really clear as well. While on the other hand my iphone's speakers are crappy.. and if i put it to the loudest the sound is distorted and choppy.

my cousin spent $200 on her dash.. and i spent $400 on my iphone... i expect it to be better than her's.. but i guess im wrong

is there any way to "mod" or input any codes inside my iphone to make my speakers play music clearly?

- my iphone plays really bad when i play mp3s with lots of bass in it. (no its not the mp3 itself, bc its fine if i listen to it on my headphones)

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

your preaching to the chior here....we all want loudness

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey bud, preaching? Ok yeah... but just a thought to try

in itunes on the song preferences you can turn the default volume of individual songs up... and in you turn the volume all the way up on the phone it sucks,
    lets take a walk.. .i doubt you turn the volume all the way up on your headphones like you do on the speakerphone which would explain why it is distorted, not to mention the headphones usually have built in protection to not distort it. The iphone has just the speaker. SO before we TOTALLY dismiss the fact that the MP3 is fine, take a look at the Song preferencesptions: volume adjustment and turn that up, and see if that works

( another RANDOM fact is that if i set my phone on a table.. and put a piece of paper over it it seems to amplify the sound via resonance.. might try it.
    Mac is a way of life... my way of life.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Someguy2054 View Post

in itunes on the song preferences you can turn the default volume of individual songs up... and in you turn the volume all the way up on the phone it sucks,
    lets take a walk.. .i doubt you turn the volume all the way up on your headphones like you do on the speakerphone which would explain why it is distorted, not to mention the headphones usually have built in protection to not distort it. The iphone has just the speaker. SO before we TOTALLY dismiss the fact that the MP3 is fine, take a look at the Song preferencesptions: volume adjustment and turn that up, and see if that works
    Have you also checked to make sure Sound Check is turned off? My music plays just fine. Although I did have to feed my UI sounds and built-in Ringtunes into Soundtrack Pro and amplify the Gain 300%. Now they sound fine too.

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

same here oh well we all know apple use cheap parts lol
     Think Different

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

found out somthing while googling... i jes change my eq settings to "bass reducer" now its not distorted while playin mp3s. however, its still not as loud as my cousin's dash. oh well.

... going to itunes preference and changing volume up for individual songs...i dont think i wanna do that. considering i hav 600 songs in my iphone already =\
    ... "sound check" was on.. and i turned it back on and off.. but i dint see any difference.. whats this option do anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
    same here oh well we all know apple use cheap parts lol
    i guess ur right... and im just gonna hav to deal with this.

so im guessing.. theres really no "mods" out yet that will enhance the iphone's external speaker?
    Last edited by franciz3; 10-02-2007 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by franciz3 View Post
    ... "sound check" was on.. and i turned it back on and off.. but i dint see any difference.. whats this option do anyway?
    Sound Check compares MP3's and adjusts the gain of each so that all songs "seem" to play at the same volume. This information is not saved in the MP3 Tag however so the changes can be turned on and off.

You might also check the "Adjusting Volume FM102" thread as someone has found Apple made a preferences file that limits volume to certain speakers.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Sound Check compares MP3's and adjusts the gain of each so that all songs "seem" to play at the same volume. This information is not saved in the MP3 Tag however so the changes can be turned on and off.

You might also check the "Adjusting Volume FM102" thread as someone has found Apple made a preferences file that limits volume to certain speakers.
    ahhh.. cool. ill jes kep the sound check off.

gon go check that thread out. thankz

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Someguy2054 View Post

take a look at the Song preferencesptions: volume adjustment and turn that up, and see if that works

( another RANDOM fact is that if i set my phone on a table.. and put a piece of paper over it it seems to amplify the sound via resonance.. might try it.
    then that would just distort it even more. if the speakers can't even handle the bitrate when turned up to the loudest, let alone amplified.

and lol at the table thing

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

Help us help you. Please respect our site by posting in the correct forums in the future.

this is about modding speaker gains by modding files. moved to file mods forum.

this might help you
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...do=file&id=924