Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it possible to change individual app to be non deletable by change files?

Default Is it possible to change individual app to be non deletable by change files?
    So yeah, is it possible to change an app using ifile or ssh to change something like the info.plist of an application to make it non deletable like a default application? I just want to know how to do this to a few applications not all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miket25 View Post
    So yeah, is it possible to change an app using ifile or ssh to change something like the info.plist of an application to make it non deletable like a default application? I just want to know how to do this to a few applications not all.
    Thers is a way to stop all applications from being deleted................but I dont know of a way to to stop only a few application from being deleted.

Here is how to stop the "x" that shows up on your apps in edit mode to stop them fro mbeing deleted by accident:

Open the settings app>general>restrictions>turn deleting apps off.

If you have Springtomize or Springtomize 2 installed, there is also an option in ther in "Icons" section to "disable unistalling" apps.

And ther are actually other tweaks from Cydia that has this function but I cant think of them rite now for some reason.

Hope this helps................

Good luck!
    {~~iPhone-4 (CDMA)~~~~iOS 5.0.1~~~~redsn0w 0.9.10b3~~}

{~~iPod Touch-4G~~~~iOS 5.0.1~~~~redsn0w 0.9.10b3}

And yes, My jailbreak is sooooooooooooooooooo smooth and flawless. Well, almost flawless

If I remember correctly, the reason that stock apps are not deletable is because they exist in /Applications in the root of the filesystem, instead of /private/var/mobile/Applications, which is where all your installed apps reside.

Now, as to whether or not you could move an app from one place to another, I don't know. Part of me says you could break a dependency by moving it somewhere else, but part of me says you probably can move it because iOS is built on the same structure as Mac OSX, which allows you to be very modular about app location.

In the end, I'd say why take a chance, unless you don't care, in which case I say, why not find out.

EDIT: I was curious so I tested with Yahoo Messenger app. You cannot move an app from the user app folder to the system app folder. It disappears on respring. Furthermore, the app won't reappear after moving it back to its rightful place.
    Last edited by loudest_silence1; 12-20-2011 at 01:47 AM.