+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: H1 Siri! BAD! DO NOT USE!

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I'm sure a lot of people have heard quite a bit about this new Siri port called H1 Siri and just as I was I'm sure you're incredibly excited but
    My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Default H1 Siri! BAD! DO NOT USE!
    I'm sure a lot of people have heard quite a bit about this new Siri port called H1 Siri and just as I was I'm sure you're incredibly excited but I hate to burst everyone's bubble but I have to. First, it NEVER connects to the server, Second, once you get it figured out and installed, you'll eventually notice that every time you open your settings.app that it will ONLY open to the Siri section and you will not be able to access any other sections of settings. I don't know about you, but I really don't want to have to delete h1 Siri every time I have to get into some settings. You can't even change your wallpaper. But the biggest deal breaker of them all (for me) is that you are taking a huge chance on losing your 5.0 fw. I know several people who have had to restore their phones and because of this had to go to 5.0.1. Yes there is a tethered JB for 5.0.1 but you're potentially taking the chance on having to wait a very long (much longer than it already is and will be) time to gain an untethered exploit (if we ever get one). On top of all that, it's piracy/copyright infringement. No this doesn't use Apple servers from what I am told and have read, but who knows IF that's really true, but it does use Siri's GUI and everything else. Just because it's free doesn't make it right. I'd love to see Siri ported, but unfortunately I don't see a way to do so without there being legal issues. Maybe somebody will create a development (Jailbroken or otherwise) that is just like or better than Siri. Personally, I'd pay upwards of $30 for a app/program like that.
    Last edited by PoEtikly; 12-13-2011 at 05:35 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default No issues here.
    You may have installed this incorrectly. Mine installed perfectly and was connecting to the servers earlier until the servers went down. Also no issues with the settings app.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brownie545 View Post
    You may have installed this incorrectly. Mine installed perfectly and was connecting to the servers earlier until the servers went down. Also no issues with the settings app.
    My settings app vanished, but reappeared after a reboot. Still having problems with my video app. I just need to replace the cache file and change the permissions, but I haven't gotten around to it. I never had a connection to the server, but I think I jumped on board after they took the server down for maintenance. I'm holding on to it hoping that they get things ironed out soon. Other than that, I haven't had any of the issues he's ranting about.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default im using h1 siri
    the only issue im having is that i can't record video, but this like any other app, will be patched. when i first installed it, it worked fine, but the servers are bogged down right now. you were very harsh. especially since it seems you haven't tried it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That's why I held off. Thankfully ih8sn0w came out with a way to save the AP Tickets using iFaith just a few hours ago. Now I can always downgrade to 5.0 whenever I want.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Ehhh
    H1Siri doesn't connect cuz they are getting a bigger server. But my settings didn't do that ether. My settings worked, Siri won't really do anything til you reboot . Then it will "work" but say can't connect to server cuz they are moving it. Also can anybody iMessage me [email protected] or tweet me maxhasadhd and tell me if it's safe to uninstall? A person told me it will mess my iPhone up but I think he was trolling me:/ but also devs on twitter jut pointed out we are sending data when we use h1siri, so they have out location and such. I hear it's a Chinese devs, so I'm sure they won't do anything, also Chinese CAN'T text US or anywhere here cuz we have. 10 digit number they don't I think? So they can't text us unless we request our info and iMessage us which they probably won't? And Siri can't access ur bank account? So basically Siri will see ur location, contact info, and words in SMS if u use Siri for that, don't ask Siri for weather, or directions, then u won't send them locational stuff.

Thanks

i went through the whole deb file of h1siri. there was only one file that was changed. the reason why its so big is the 4s dyld cach wich you DONT need if your on 5.0.1 but 5.0 you do. anyway, in var/mobile/library/prefernces. they changed the whole com.apple.assisitan.plist file. it now points to the cd teams siri server. i can post a file for you to change ypurs to if you dont feel like downloading a 100mb file. lol
    wait, just read that one post, im going to put the assistantd file on mine, see waht happens(:
    Last edited by deefruben; 12-05-2011 at 01:29 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i havent install it yet. the server is down now cause it takes a lot of energy for cd-teams server. i belive that the team do a prize to get siri but they do a lot of cost with it

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deefruben View Post
    i went through the whole deb file of h1siri. there was only one file that was changed. the reason why its so big is the 4s dyld cach wich you DONT need if your on 5.0.1 but 5.0 you do. anyway, in var/mobile/library/prefernces. they changed the whole com.apple.assisitan.plist file. it now points to the cd teams siri server. i can post a file for you to change ypurs to if you dont feel like downloading a 100mb file. lol
    wait, just read that one post, im going to put the assistantd file on mine, see waht happens(:
    could you please upload the files you are going to use if they work for 5.0.1
    thanks
    or post instructions if no files are required

Thanks

Have had not one single issue with it, other than not connecting to the server right now. Settings, camera, everything works perfectly. Guess it goes to show how different each phone is.
    That's how I roll!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You can't connect to the sever doesn't means others can't as well.
    I also installed h1siri and succeeded to connect to the sever 2 times,and someone in forums called weiphone also succeeded,here is the link and record to proove ????siri????????????????????|iPhone 4 ????? - iPhone4S ??|iPad 2 ??|iPod Touch 4 ??|Mac ??|???iPhone - WeiPhone???
    I only take some snapshots but no records,you can try more often,may you will be lucky enough to connect to the sever as we don't know when the sever will be available.

Livin the iPhone Life rjrankin83's Avatar
    Thanks

damn I fell asleep. anybody know how long the severs are going to be offline? can't add the appropriate repo to download. Is there anyway to ssh it on my phone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, I installed H1SIRI trough iFile and my settings app dissapeared, and will not show up after deleting SIRI or rebooting+respringning

Is there anyway to get it back trough downloading that app? It will not show up on iFunBox (i accidentaly deletet the .siriback) What to do now? omg please help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by superslut View Post
    Hi, I installed H1SIRI trough iFile and my settings app dissapeared, and will not show up after deleting SIRI or rebooting+respringning

Is there anyway to get it back trough downloading that app? It will not show up on iFunBox (i accidentaly deletet the .siriback) What to do now? omg please help
    restore, one of the only options i think lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Seriously?
    Omg? Seriously? Isnt there an .app in cydia to download or atleast a jailbreak backup?

Thanks

Omg? Seriously? Isnt there an .app in cydia to download or atleast a jailbreak backup?
    what do you mean jailbreak back up? theres a jailbreak for 5.0.1
    and its to late to back up know, shouldve backed up before u installed siri

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

True -.- F**k, ima gonna try search for solutions, if there isnt one i just have to restore this -.- omg

Thanks

True -.- F**k, ima gonna try search for solutions, if there isnt one i just have to restore this -.- omg
    yeah i kno it sucks, i was also forced to restore to 5.0.1, minutes after it was released, i was about to restore to 5.0 then it came up, and i had to update
    killed me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

wow, derp

Thanks

wow, derp
    megaderp
    Does anyone know when the servers for H1Siri will be back up and running?

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast