+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: H1 Siri! BAD! DO NOT USE!

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Did the servers ever start working? Does anybody actually have this H1 Siri connecting to server with the dictation working correctly?
    My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Did the servers ever start working? Does anybody actually have this H1 Siri connecting to server with the dictation working correctly?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    Never worked after the first 2 days I installed it...uninstalled and and had to do a restore. Now using only Siri0us dictation, and it works fantastic!
    That's how I roll!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck1969 View Post
    Never worked after the first 2 days I installed it...uninstalled and and had to do a restore. Now using only Siri0us dictation, and it works fantastic!
    Hey Chuck! Yeah I finally got in installed correctly the day after you informed me about it, but never got it to work. I tried uninstalling and it went into boot logo loop. But thank god for iH8sn0w because he pm'd me from his IRC and told me that literally 45 sec before I posted my issue he released iFaith v1.4 so I was able to keep my 5.0 (though this untethered exploit NOW is supposed to also work for 5.0.1), which was great! It was to good to be true. After I heard of the security risks I wasnt going to use it even if it did work. I don't want some Chinese hacker having all my info. Thanks for replying, I was just curious.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PoEtikly For This Useful Post:

Chuck1969 (12-14-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alone_smiling View Post
    Hi did you find the solution about this problem i have my iPhone in respiring form 2 days and i am not able to find solution if you find then please send me email or link in
    [email protected]

I would really appreciate it if you help me dont wanna restore i had just did before some days ..
    Nope. Was unable to get out of endless respring. Had to do a complete restore and I couldn't even stay at 5.0 because I hadn't saved my SHSH blobs so I had to upgrade to 5.0.1.

Now I'm with no jailbreak since Ac1dSn0w isn't that reliable (I jailbreaked 5.0.1 but it went in to restore mode multiple times...so I'm stuck on 5.0.1 w/ no jb). Luckily Pod2G said that 5.0.1 will be fully untethered jailbreakable soon so I'm holding off on that.

And, I'm avoiding any future effort to install Siri on my iPhone 4. I'm over it after this last experience. I'm getting a Galaxy Nexus when it hits the US.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgunaca View Post
    Nope. Was unable to get out of endless respring. Had to do a complete restore and I couldn't even stay at 5.0 because I hadn't saved my SHSH blobs so I had to upgrade to 5.0.1.

Now I'm with no jailbreak since Ac1dSn0w isn't that reliable (I jailbreaked 5.0.1 but it went in to restore mode multiple times...so I'm stuck on 5.0.1 w/ no jb). Luckily Pod2G said that 5.0.1 will be fully untethered jailbreakable soon so I'm holding off on that.

And, I'm avoiding any future effort to install Siri on my iPhone 4. I'm over it after this last experience. I'm getting a Galaxy Nexus when it hits the US.
    You can use redsn0w 0.9.9b8 to JB 5.0.1. I'm pretty sure that's the version. Im not sure why you think you're without a JB. redsn0w is among the best. I also think there is a tethered exploit with sn0wbreeze as well. You def are not stuck to using Ac1dsn0w. If you need help let me know and be sure to use iFaith v1.4 to at least dump and save your APTickets for 5.0.1 so when the untethered exploit releases you can restore back to a fresh 5.0.1 or just if anything happens and you need a restore, because as you prob know Apple will prob release 5.1 sometime in the near future and you'll have lost your chance. If you need some help JBing 5.0.1 I'd be more than willing to remotely help you or whatever, just pm me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PoEtikly For This Useful Post:

jamesgunaca (12-13-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I appreciate the offer, but I can manage. I was able to successfully JB with Ac1dSn0w but it kept rebooting. RedSn0w (the latest for Mac) didn't work successfully the first or second time. I'm just going to wait for the untethered JB now. It's annoying without JB, but I'm guessing it will come soon.

As for iFaith, I'll go ahead and give that a go so I'm prepared for the untethered JB when it arrives.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck1969 View Post
    How did you get it to work with Sirius? Did you do a clean restore or an backup?
    I restored from back up and when I install sirious it crashes all the text bars in every app..
    I'm on 5.0.1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HB10MUFC View Post
    How did you get it to work with Sirius? Did you do a clean restore or an backup?
    I restored from back up and when I install sirious it crashes all the text bars in every app..
    I'm on 5.0.1
    I restored from a backup that was done back in October, just in case. Install Siri0us (via ssh), go to Cydia and uninstall it, it will then install the necessary files to make it work, reboot. Then reinstall Sirious, reboot....and it should work?

I'm also on 5.0.1 iPhone 4
    Last edited by Chuck1969; 12-15-2011 at 05:31 AM.
    That's how I roll!

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345