+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: H1 Siri! BAD! DO NOT USE!

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by StayyyFlyyy if it is a scam its pretty elaborate.. i mean to go through all the porting and make it functional on ip4 to release a fix
    Livin the iPhone Life rjrankin83's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StayyyFlyyy View Post
    if it is a scam its pretty elaborate.. i mean to go through all the porting and make it functional on ip4 to release a fix for the camera and to have it working at one point with their servers seems convincing that someone out there is trying to get this working for everyone.. but we shall see
    agreed and I can't really see the point in someone wanting my contacts. I don't think the dev's released the camera fix though. I know I'm asking a lot of a free port but it'd be nice to see it working on someone other than the creators phone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rjrankin83 View Post
    agreed and I can't really see the point in someone wanting my contacts. I don't think the dev's released the camera fix though. I know I'm asking a lot of a free port but it'd be nice to see it working on someone other than the creators phone
    yup im on the same page.. burnt out of seeing it on other phones hopefully these servers will be back up and working fully.. i mean we get iaccess from china lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just searching the web looking for who this dev team is and when the servers would be back up I've read where people have said they have to sleep the phone to get siri off the screen, among several other things. I honestly don't have this installed on my phone anymore as the longer it goes without the servers the more I tend to side with the people saying it's a scam
    I think half of the scam talk is coming from what @chpwn said on twitter about how it "MAY be sending your Email, SMS, Calendar, Contacts, Location, etc though that server." He doesn't claim to have looked at the code at all, but all the tech news sites picked it up and started telling everyone that they're stealing your personal info (again with no definitive proof) and imply that it will somehow kill your phone (again without any proof of it actually doing so). When they say "kill" they could just mean that it will be necessary to restore your phone, but with all the fire and brimstone I wouldn't be surprised if less-knowledgeable jailbreakers all have their panties in a bunch over the slight possibility that their phone will be rendered useless.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

if it is a scam its pretty elaborate.. i mean to go through all the porting and make it functional on ip4 to release a fix for the camera and to have it working at one point with their servers seems convincing that someone out there is trying to get this working for everyone.. but we shall see
    I agree that people are definitely trying to get this working and it will work if you have access to some bodies 4S UDID. There's a another dev team (something Siri, I don't remember) who have another program just like this and it does the exact same thing as h1 without a 4s UDID. They have to be using a different server (if it exists and its not a scam) because the 4s connects to Siri just fine using Apple servers (unless it's intended to connect to apple servers but there's no work around in this version of h1) as I also have a 4s. I do believe they are trying, but you have to figure that yes they're going to find and release a camera fix because that effects the phone regardless if the Siri port is working or not. I'm sure they want everything to work fine so when the find a workaround it's ready to go. I'm not going to use his name, but a certain dev told me that after looking at this port he cannot find where it even tries to locate a server which is why Siri automatically says "I cannot find a network". I was just told this 30 sec ago. Of course with all the install issues he may have it wrong as well, who knows. I think I'm also going to uninstall and get back Siri0us (from a undisclosed repo, because it has been removed from all the rest due to legal issues) just so I can at least have the dictation. I'd rather something be useful instead of just being able to say I have Siri on my i4 that doesn't do anything. If anybody gets it fully working and connecting to server please post and let us know so maybe you can help the rest of us.

P.S. the instructions given for the camera fix directly from the instructions given with the file after download is:

•Copy the dyld_shared_cache_armv7 to system/library/caches/com.apple.dyld
    (backup and delete the existing file present in directory before replacing) and give PERMISSION 7133 with ifunbox and make restart.

So that's directly from the devs who created the fix.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    I agree that people are definitely trying to get this working and it will work if you have access to some bodies 4S UDID. There's a another dev team (something Siri, I don't remember) who have another program just like this and it does the exact same thing as h1 without a 4s UDID. They have to be using a different server (if it exists and its not a scam) because the 4s connects to Siri just fine using Apple servers (unless it's intended to connect to apple servers but there's no work around in this version of h1) as I also have a 4s. I do believe they are trying, but you have to figure that yes they're going to find and release a camera fix because that effects the phone regardless if the Siri port is working or not. I'm sure they want everything to work fine so when the find a workaround it's ready to go. I'm not going to use his name, but a certain dev told me that after looking at this port he cannot find where it even tries to locate a server which is why Siri automatically says "I cannot find a network". I was just told this 30 sec ago. Of course with all the install issues he may have it wrong as well, who knows. I think I'm also going to uninstall and get back Siri0us (from a undisclosed repo, because it has been removed from all the rest due to legal issues) just so I can at least have the dictation. I'd rather something be useful instead of just being able to say I have Siri on my i4 that doesn't do anything. If anybody gets it fully working and connecting to server please post and let us know so maybe you can help the rest of us.

P.S. the instructions given for the camera fix directly from the instructions given with the file after download is:

•Copy the dyld_shared_cache_armv7 to system/library/caches/com.apple.dyld
    (backup and delete the existing file present in directory before replacing) and give PERMISSION 7133 with ifunbox and make restart.

So that's directly from the devs who created the fix.
    hm maybe thats why my home button doesnt close siri.. i didnt delete it i just overwrote it and i didnt change any permissions
    maybe theyll have a fix soon.. oh well not like i could use siri anyway right now

Thanks

hm maybe thats why my home button doesnt close siri.. i didnt delete it i just overwrote it and i didnt change any permissions
    maybe theyll have a fix soon.. oh well not like i could use siri anyway right now
    You should at least try that and see if it gets it all working correctly. Just so you know, because I had trouble, when you put the new file in ifunbox, right click and permissions will be at bottom of the tab. When you go to change it you don't delete it, just select the field and type in the permission. Lol I kept trying to delete it and it wouldn't and I felt like an idiot so thought I might be able to save somebody else the little bit of time it took me to figure it out. And I'd really like to know if it changes anything for you since earlier i had know idea what I was talking about (thecork).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PoEtikly For This Useful Post:

StayyyFlyyy (12-06-2011)

Thanks

You should at least try that and see if it gets it all working correctly. Just so you know, because I had trouble, when you put the new file in ifunbox, right click and permissions will be at bottom of the tab. When you go to change it you don't delete it, just select the field and type in the permission. Lol I kept trying to delete it and it wouldn't and I felt like an idiot so thought I might be able to save somebody else the little bit of time it took me to figure it out. And I'd really like to know if it changes anything for you since earlier i had know idea what I was talking about (thecork).
    lol thanks will try it when i get home.. and report back... do you know how to change permissions in winscp?

Thanks

lol thanks will try it when i get home.. and report back... do you know how to change permissions in winscp?
    I searched this for you because personally I've never used wincp.

http://webmaster.iu.edu/chmod/chmod_ftp.shtml

Hopefully, that'll help you out.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PoEtikly For This Useful Post:

StayyyFlyyy (12-06-2011)

Thanks

I searched this for you because personally I've never used wincp.

Changing File Permissions using WinSCP

Hopefully, that'll help you out.
    I honestly didn't change permissions either but am not experiencing any problems. What are the permissions supposed to be set at? 7775? is that read,read,read,execute?

Thanks

I honestly didn't change permissions either but am not experiencing any problems. What are the permissions supposed to be set at? 7775? is that read,read,read,execute?
    I'm not sure but according to the instructions it's supposed to be set at 7133.

Thanks

I'm not sure but according to the instructions it's supposed to be set at 7133.
    yeah do you know how'd i'd do that through ifile? it only lets me set read write exectue ect

Thanks

Everybody, I just got a very disturbing piece of information that we all should know. First, let me start off by saying I just tried removing H1 Siri from iPhone 4 and upon a restart the phone will NOT get past the bootlogo so I again have to restore my phone (again, thanks for iFaith v1.4). Second and most important, chpwn has let people know that the creators of H1 Siri are a group of Chinese hackers and that once on your phone they can get ALL of your personal information, including the ability to purchase things on their devices with your information. That's scary and regardless of a restore I was taking it off of my phone asap because of that reason. all of my banking and stuff is done on my phone so that is very very scary. It is true that they are using illegal code of Apples. It was intended to be released like it was so that is why their servers have been overloaded and from what I read by very very reliable sources they're not going to spring the money for much much larger servers for a FREE Siri port, so I doubt it'll work anytime soon. But regardless I am done with H1 Siri and I would suggest all of you to do the same considering the security issues we have all been risking.

I do agree with an earlier post that this will not render your phone useless or brick your phone, because all you have to do is restore, so I think that is a bunch of crap, but I'm not going to take a chance with all the other risks, especially since it doesnt work.

and NO i have no idea how to do it through ifile. sorry
    Last edited by PoEtikly; 12-06-2011 at 03:31 PM.

Thanks

yeah its looking less promising.. still standing by tho

dont have much money anyway

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I ran across the video issue weeks ago with SiriN1ght. After replacing my cache file I set the permissions at 0644 and it worked flawlessly then (and now) using those permissions. I've seen so many different opinions on what the permissions should be set at that I can't believe they have all worked. I guess just add 0644 to the ever-growing list.

Right click on the file and click on info. You can type the number in the box idf you know it instead of using the check boxes. Click apply or ok and you should be good after a reboot.
    Last edited by cutigercub02; 12-06-2011 at 03:53 PM.

Thanks

Everybody, I just got a very disturbing piece of information that we all should know. First, let me start off by saying I just tried removing H1 Siri from iPhone 4 and upon a restart the phone will NOT get past the bootlogo so I again have to restore my phone (again, thanks for iFaith v1.4). Second and most important, chpwn has let people know that the creators of H1 Siri are a group of Chinese hackers and that once on your phone they can get ALL of your personal information, including the ability to purchase things on their devices with your information. That's scary and regardless of a restore I was taking it off of my phone asap because of that reason. all of my banking and stuff is done on my phone so that is very very scary. It is true that they are using illegal code of Apples. It was intended to be released like it was so that is why their servers have been overloaded and from what I read by very very reliable sources they're not going to spring the money for much much larger servers for a FREE Siri port, so I doubt it'll work anytime soon. But regardless I am done with H1 Siri and I would suggest all of you to do the same considering the security issues we have all been risking.

I do agree with an earlier post that this will not render your phone useless or brick your phone, because all you have to do is restore, so I think that is a bunch of crap, but I'm not going to take a chance with all the other risks, especially since it doesnt work.

and NO i have no idea how to do it through ifile. sorry
    Chpwn said all those things shortly after the tweaks release. I don't have it on my phone at the moment because I don't see it being worth it unless it works. However should I hear it's connecting I'll give it a shot. I think we'd have to if there ever is a siri port release send to a private server so at some point you're going to have to take this gamble if you want siri (I may be wrong but I don't think it can communicate with apples severs legally)

Also I've installed the .deb twice and uninstalled through ssh and cydia without an error. Who are these secret reliable sources you keep quoting?

Thanks

Chpwn said all those things shortly after the tweaks release. I don't have it on my phone at the moment because I don't see it being worth it unless it works. However should I hear it's connecting I'll give it a shot. I think we'd have to if there ever is a siri port release send to a private server so at some point you're going to have to take this gamble if you want siri (I may be wrong but I don't think it can communicate with apples severs legally)

Also I've installed the .deb twice and uninstalled through ssh and cydia without an error. Who are these secret reliable sources you keep quoting?
    have u seen any issues with exiting siri with the home button when at the homescreen?? or know of a fix?

Thanks

have u seen any issues with exiting siri with the home button when at the homescreen?? or know of a fix?
    No I'm sorry I can't remember where I read about it. I'd honestly uninstall it until there is a known connection to avoid any problems.

Thanks

No I'm sorry I can't remember where I read about it. I'd honestly uninstall it until there is a known connection to avoid any problems.
    Lol I just realized I asked you again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys.
    Stupid me recently installed h1siri before but I uninstalled it with no problems through cydia.
    I like using the Sirious tweak cos it actually works quite well and I use it a lot.
    Before I installed h1siri everything was working fine. But after I uninstalled h1siri and reinstalled Sirious I can't tap on any search bars. And if I do it crashes the whole app.
    Search bar, in terms of anything that is used for search in any app, just crashes the app.
    Can somebody help me? Maybe there is a file that wasn't uninstalled properly from h1siri?
    has anybody tried to use the siri0us tweak after uninstalling h1siri?
    thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Help-Did you find the solution about H1Siri remove when it cause iphone respring loop?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgunaca View Post
    Alright so it seems that having Semi-Tether installed and then loading H1 Siri will cause endless respring (at least that's the case for me). I had Siri0us installed too, but I had to remove this before H1Siri would install. I also have Springtomize 2.0 and MyWi and biteSMS (can't think of any others that could be causing a problem).

So, I am trying to figure out how to get out of endless respring without having to restore. Here is what I've tried:

-Changed N90A.plist to remove the <key>assistant</key> true....reboot and tethered boot from redsn0w. no luck
    -Removed AssistantServices.framework...reboot and tethered boot from redsn0w. no luck
    -Removed AssistantUI.framework...reboot and tethered boot from redsn0w. no luck

Any other suggestions? My next step was to consider removing Semi-Tether but not sure how to go about that. I can access my device via iFunBox (SSH) to add/remove files on the device.

Hi did you find the solution about this problem i have my iPhone in respiring form 2 days and i am not able to find solution if you find then please send me email or link in
    [email protected]

I would really appreciate it if you help me dont wanna restore i had just did before some days ..