+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: H1 Siri! BAD! DO NOT USE!

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
The hackers said the same thing about the gevey sim don't use it. Illegal.... I got one in my phone. And I am still at bb 2.10.04 and still no
    Green Apple
    Thanks

The hackers said the same thing about the gevey sim don't use it. Illegal.... I got one in my phone. And I am still at bb 2.10.04 and still no ultrasnow unlock. How long will we have to wait. Siri if they get there server up I will be using.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I managed to install this program on my iphone flawlessly, however it did make my video camera unable to record. Let me clarify this, it launched just fine, but when clicked to record it did not work. It wouldnt freeze or anything, just not record.

After installing i started to do some searches as to why it wasnt connecting then i started to find articles stating it was possibly malicious software and illegal, at that point i said i should probably uninstall. There really isnt a way to uninstall it from what i can find. So I did a restore from backup that i took before i did the install. That however makes my iphone stay stuck at apple logo. So im waiting to do a full restore.

The work is definitely not worth it, only for your information to find its way into some chinese dudes servers.

iPhone? More like MyPhone JonnyBoy123's Avatar
    Thanks

Couldn't a personal server created by say, ones self be used instead of the chinese dev's server? If so all that would need to be done is install the hack via Cydia, edit the .plist file and change the server to your personal one you have created and set up, then have Siri running on your non-4S device?
     Think Different.

Thanks

You read my mind exactly. If they are releasing the jailbreak package for free, why not go the extra mile and let us have our own servers. It would work wonderfully better. Only, I hope it's just some PHP scripts and not an actual program. My webserver is on GoDaddy, which I cant run .exe's on, and my home upload bandwidth is south of 30kb/s. On top of that, my ISP doesn't allow home webservers, but I'm so pissed with them anyway I really don't care :P

Thanks

Just post your problem on here. That way, if someone has a similar problem, they will know how to fix it without contacting someone else. That's really what forums are for.

Frankly, I see this Siri port as legit. I installed it on my iPod Touch 4G, and everything seems fine, except it won't connect, but that's because they are moving to bigger servers, which I can wait for in my opinion. The new servers will have more bandwidth, and we've waited this long, why not wait a little longer? My camera won't record at the moment, but there is a tweak you can install to fix this. I am looking into making my own Siri server, so you don't have to wait for the developers server to come out. And even then, that way they won't have any possibility of getting into your data.
    Last edited by Garbag3man117; 12-05-2011 at 02:44 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Alright so it seems that having Semi-Tether installed and then loading H1 Siri will cause endless respring (at least that's the case for me). I had Siri0us installed too, but I had to remove this before H1Siri would install. I also have Springtomize 2.0 and MyWi and biteSMS (can't think of any others that could be causing a problem).

So, I am trying to figure out how to get out of endless respring without having to restore. Here is what I've tried:

-Changed N90A.plist to remove the <key>assistant</key> true....reboot and tethered boot from redsn0w. no luck
    -Removed AssistantServices.framework...reboot and tethered boot from redsn0w. no luck
    -Removed AssistantUI.framework...reboot and tethered boot from redsn0w. no luck

Any other suggestions? My next step was to consider removing Semi-Tether but not sure how to go about that. I can access my device via iFunBox (SSH) to add/remove files on the device.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gcastro723's Avatar
    Thanks

Default bad news
    once you reboot after the install, if you try to uninstall, your phone is stuck in a boot loop.
    If you can see this you are one of the many people who can see this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

And for you every iPhone 4 user, who wants to install Siri, he must do an own Siri server?
    I think that very soon a LEGAL and working deb will be relased.

Livin the iPhone Life rjrankin83's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgunaca View Post
    Alright so it seems that having Semi-Tether installed and then loading H1 Siri will cause endless respring (at least that's the case for me). I had Siri0us installed too, but I had to remove this before H1Siri would install. I also have Springtomize 2.0 and MyWi and biteSMS (can't think of any others that could be causing a problem).

So, I am trying to figure out how to get out of endless respring without having to restore. Here is what I've tried:

-Changed N90A.plist to remove the <key>assistant</key> true....reboot and tethered boot from redsn0w. no luck
    -Removed AssistantServices.framework...reboot and tethered boot from redsn0w. no luck
    -Removed AssistantUI.framework...reboot and tethered boot from redsn0w. no luck

Any other suggestions? My next step was to consider removing Semi-Tether but not sure how to go about that. I can access my device via iFunBox (SSH) to add/remove files on the device.
    I have Semi-Tether installed and H1siri and no resprings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dont install h1siri, it cant be removed without boot loop.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rjrankin83 View Post
    I have Semi-Tether installed and H1siri and no resprings
    Well that's good to know.

Another thought as to what may have caused it: having installed the Siri GUI a few weeks ago, there may have been some files I put there which are causing an endless respring.

Dammit...I really want to get this to work without having to start from scratch from a restore.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by antomanlio View Post
    I've done it. I installed after a fresh restore and it wasn't connecting to servers so I uninstalled until I see it working. I deleted files from my phone not through cydia though

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have installed but doesn't work GUI works nothing else

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I uninstalled mine through Cydia and all seems to work fine including reboots! it's probably down to other Cydia apps that conflict with H1Siri which some users may have installed...

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have removed it and reinstalled it 3 times no problems here just no connectivity... Idk what ur issue may have been

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rash1233 View Post
    could you please upload the files you are going to use if they work for 5.0.1
    thanks
    or post instructions if no files are required
    ONLY DO THIS METHOD IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A GUI INSTALLED!

download the h1siri deb file on your computer, not through Cydia. SSH or ifunbox it to anywhere on your device. Open ifile on your device when your done, click the deb, click unarchiver. When it's done you should have to new files, data.tar.gz or something and control.gz or something. Click the data file, now click zip viewer. go through all the files click, Nxxx.plist (your device one) mine is N88AP.plist, click com.apple.assistant.plist, click assistant_sercices, AsistantServices, assistand, and you can click another files you find important. If your not on5.0.1, you will need the dyld cache. . Then put those files where they go, you'll have a system folder, and library and user folder now (the user folder is actually var/mobile), if you open those folders your files you extracted will be in them. the way the folders are put is where you will put them on your device, if that makes sense haha. When your done puttering the files where they go reboot (tethered of course) except old boot room 3GS. if your lucky or the servers are up by now, you'll have a working siri(:

If you decide to put this anywhere give me credit !
    Last edited by deefruben; 12-05-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Thanks

can someone confirm when the servers are back up

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Make a note of the files it's installing and do a backup of those files to your computer. If get your hands on the deb file you can extract the files inside using 7zip (on windows). The files are placed in the same directory structure as they would be on the device. When you uninstall via cydia, it just deletes the files (like a reverse installation) instead of restoring the original versions. This is what causes the loop. Your phone is trying to load files that don't exist anymore. I learned this the hard way when I used cydia to uninstall sirin1ght, forcing me to upgrade to 5.0.1.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBoy123 View Post
    Couldn't a personal server created by say, ones self be used instead of the chinese dev's server? If so all that would need to be done is install the hack via Cydia, edit the .plist file and change the server to your personal one you have created and set up, then have Siri running on your non-4S device?
    Yeah, So could anyone Provide a full tutorial as to how to Host Siri on our own servers? that way we could kill all connection and server issues, and enjoy full Siri Functionality