Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP: How to change NC SB Banner Background?

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Default HELP: How to change NC SB Banner Background?
    I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE FULL PAGE NC DROPDOWN. JUST THE SMALL BANNER THAT APPEARS AT TOP OF SB WHEN NC IS CLOSED.

Hey everyone, I have been wanting to change the color of the NC Banner that drops down on the top of springboard when you get a new email, etc... If you don't know what I am talking about it is the white bar that drops down to notify you of a new email, etc... I have looked on iFile to try and find the exact files that make that up and work, but I've had no luck at all. On the redline HD iOS 5 patch I saw on the screenshots that they have been able to change that from a white to a nice grey which will go great with the dark hollow hd theme. Anyways, if anyone knows where I can find those files, what the names of all those files are, and this isn't as important but maybe some way to be able to create your own colors, etc... For that banner. Thanks in advance for anyone who helps, I really will appreciate it.

Thanks

Nobody?

Thanks

I'll check it out and see what I can find.

Thanks

Thanks. I got an email that somebody else left a reply saying something about it being "bulletin list tab", which is found in springboard.app, but unfortunately that's not it. I've looked all through there and the banner and bulletin labeled stuff Isn't what I'm looking for I guess. That had the stock felt BG (which is the stock apple folder and multitasking BG/that ugly grey stuff). This will be a white background. It has nothing to do with the pull down NC bar. Say if you're in an app and you get an email, it's the white bar that will appear at top of screen with the if you hit it; it'll open up mail, etc... On the left side, it'll show the little mail app icon as well with the email subject traveling across the solid white BG. I've tried posting a screenshot but for some reason the mobile modmyi app won't allow me to.

Thanks

Lol that was me but I deleted it because I didn't read your question thoroughly. I haven't been able to find anything bro... Shoot a message to Doreen she might know.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Lol that was me but I deleted it because I didn't read your question thoroughly. I haven't been able to find anything bro... Shoot a message to Doreen she might know.
    Oh ok. I appreciate your help in working with me to find these files. I have looked everywhere! I just don't know where they could be. I've looked in most of the private frameworks (that's where the chatkit files are so I figured they may be somewhere around there) but I haven't been able to find anything, unless I'm completely overlooking. I of course have all of the hidden files and stuff toggled to be seen as well as the thumbnails to try and make it easier. I'll pm this Doreen you're talking about and see if she may be able to help. I'd just really like to be able to make some and see some different themes for this banner. I'm beginning to wonder if it's not using the same BG as callbar does when it's installed but I can't see that being the case unless it sort of ports it after the callbar is installed. I'm probably over thinking all this but I'd appreciate your continued help.

Check this thread at MacThemes for the banner names and locations.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Massie View Post
    Check this thread at MacThemes for the banner names and locations.
    Thank you For this but for some reason these files don't do anything when changed. They stay the same after respring and reboot (boot tether). I'm not sure what's going on but thank you for this .

I wonder if the banners create .cptbitmap images as discussed in that thread:

Edit: to replace certain images on the SpringBoard you need to delete the .cptbitmap images (you need to delete these if you change any of the .png images that have same image title) there found in:

/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.springboard.sharedimagecache/Persistent

Might be worth a look.

This will be a white background. It has nothing to do with the pull down NC bar.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pagehere View Post
    This will be a white background. It has nothing to do with the pull down NC bar.
    Exactly. I'm not sure what's going on but those banner files in springboard.app will not change anything or at least it hasn't for me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me jdewinnaar's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,072 Times in 514 Posts

Thanks

These are definitely the files I needed. The weird thing is, those files are NOT found in the redline HD iOS 5 patch. It has all the banner gradient shadow files and the it has a file called [email protected]. When this theme is applied on Winterboard it doesn't change the background like it shows it does within the screenshots. I've tried taking that background file and changing the name to BannerGradientRight, Middle, and Left. I copied and pasted the same file 3 times. It somewhat works, but the left and right are square boxes and then the middle is stretched out like it should be but it's not as thick from top to bottom so it doesn't line up right. Basically all I'm looking to do is change that BG to a nice grey color. If anybody knows how to do that please let me know. Is there a way to edit to stock files and just change the color? Im sure there has to be a way but I don't have not know how to use any programs like adobe photoshop. If anybody can I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks

Where ate those files located? Or do you just make one from scratc through winterboard using those names?

Banned
    Thanks
    I have all of the hidden files and stuff toggled to be seen as well as the thumbnails to try and make it easier.

Thanks

Does anyone know how to theme the icons within the notification banner the mail, and SMS icons? Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jdot1224 View Post
    Does anyone know how to theme the icons within the notification banner the mail, and SMS icons? Thanks!
    Mine change with whatever theme that I'm using, so I would bet that if you go into your applications directory (there's one for cydia & stock applications and another for downloaded/purchased apps. I'll post the directory map later I currently do not have time) and change the icon (make sure to backup stock iOS icons somewhere safe before you replace/delete) it should change in the NC banner as well. Other than that I'm not sure how to change it without changing the actual icon itself. Make sure you fswipecache after change. I've noticed just respringing will not change it at times.

I'm sure there's another way to change them without changing the stock icon, but I would think it would consist of changing/editing a plist document (or a similar programming file, which I have no clue what the file would be) so that it would grab the icon from a different location (location where you have put your wanted icon image). I could be completely wrong here and somebody that knows way more about the iOS and editing it might be able to give a much simpler way of doing it. That is just my GUESS, besides changing the icon altogether.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PoEtikly For This Useful Post:

Jdot1224 (12-17-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    Mine change with whatever theme that I'm using, so I would bet that if you go into your applications directory (there's one for cydia & stock applications and another for downloaded/purchased apps. I'll post the directory map later I currently do not have time) and change the icon (make sure to backup stock iOS icons somewhere safe before you replace/delete) it should change in the NC banner as well. Other than that I'm not sure how to change it without changing the actual icon itself. Make sure you fswipecache after change. I've noticed just respringing will not change it at times.

I'm sure there's another way to change them without changing the stock icon, but I would think it would consist of changing/editing a plist document (or a similar programming file, which I have no clue what the file would be) so that it would grab the icon from a different location (location where you have put your wanted icon image). I could be completely wrong here and somebody that knows way more about the iOS and editing it might be able to give a much simpler way of doing it. That is just my GUESS, besides changing the icon altogether.

Okay I'll keep looking through the files with iFile thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jdot1224 View Post
    Okay I'll keep looking through the files with iFile thanks.
    If you find it please post here and let us know. I had a strange thing happen today, the icons in banner are no longer those of my applied theme. I'm wondering if the small icons within the that certain apps directory are those that are used as that small icon on the left side of the NC banner.

Mm

My iPhone is a Part of Me jdewinnaar's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,072 Times in 514 Posts

You'll find everything you need in this zip.. Replace the icons with those of your liking!

http://db.tt/j2rDhFMY

22. The Following User Says Thank You to jdewinnaar For This Useful Post:

Jdot1224 (12-17-2011)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast