Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Safari not opening anymore

Default Safari not opening anymore
    I was modding some files and backed up the safari app folder to my computer before doing anything, just in case. I then copied some modded files from a folder, but it tuned out i copied from the wrong folder and there were extra files there that were not part of safari, so instead of deleting each individual file, i deleted everything inside the safari folder and then copied everything back from the folder i had backed up before doing anything with it. All the files are there and safari shows up on the home screen, but if i try to open it, it closes after less than a second without showing anything. Is there some way to fix this without a restore? And if not, if i back up with itunes and then restore, will the issue stay there? Please help.

If you backup and restore you'll be fine, but before that, would you like someone to host the folder so you can download it and not have to restore?
    Just leave the file location of the folders/files and I'll upload them and post the link.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to matt3948 For This Useful Post:

AAred (11-16-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by matt3948 View Post
    If you backup and restore you'll be fine, but before that, would you like someone to host the folder so you can download it and not have to restore?
    Just leave the file location of the folders/files and I'll upload them and post the link.
    I had already backed up the folder before doing anything to it, and restoring those files didn't fix anything. I ended up having to restore from itunes (i did a backup and restore and it worked) but thank you for the offer!

You could have tried setting permissions.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaorange View Post
    You could have tried setting permissions.
    Of the whole folder? I didn't think of that... would it be 0755 or what?
    Last edited by AAred; 11-17-2011 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AAred View Post
    I had already backed up the folder before doing anything to it, and restoring those files didn't fix anything. I ended up having to restore from itunes (i did a backup and restore and it worked) but thank you for the offer!
    Good, glad it worked for you .