+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I want to be able to go beyond 75,000 storage text messages limit

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
is it possible through jailbreak or cydia or editing plists? anyone have thoughts? yes I know wow 75,000 text messages, blah, blah, blah, delete them is everyones answer. I do
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I want to be able to go beyond 75,000 storage text messages limit
    is it possible through jailbreak or cydia or editing plists?

anyone have thoughts?

yes I know wow 75,000 text messages, blah, blah, blah, delete them is everyones answer. I do not want to.

is there a way to go beyond 75000 limit through a mod?

DW.

thanks in advance

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I know isms was able to break the 1000 limit. Back in the 1.0 days. Any suggestions?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've not found any fixes for this either, though, I'd love to see one as well.

From what I've found, the limit is 15MB and you can only receive new texts by turning your phone off, then on again (And only works sometimes). However, if you've jailbroken your phone, it eliminates that option due to the jailbreak being tethered still.

iMessage is also unaffected by the 15MB limit. Too bad not everyone has an iPhone. :P

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

my iphone can be restarted because it is semi-tethered and my sms works. i have all my iphone texts saved. but i would like to put them back on. xan_wolf thanks for your help.

if anyone else knows of another way please let me know.
    also i have access to my ssh and can modify any files if anyone knows how to do so.

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah get unlimited texting plan.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What a stupid thread...

Thanks

i have all my iphone texts saved. but i would like to put them back on.
    A lot of them are used for things like mathematical modelling of climate change, objects in space moving around another etc.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's not a stupid thread. The max you can save on your iPhone is 75000. It's not a text plan. It's how many I can save on my phones memory. I want unlimited.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No.. This definitely hits the marker of "stupid thread". How you gonna prove whatever fix you come up with works? Send yourself 75,000 texts? There are lots of third party software available capable of copying texts to computer. Why take up storage space storing old texts. Still my opinion this is a stupid thread. But Good luck to you on your quest

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What makes it stupid? I have right to store my texts and storing them to a 64000 MB phone with a limit of 15MB. I'm at 75000 now and can receive or send anymore. That's the problem. If you had a problem and I told you it was stupid to ask this question.would that be rude? I just want to store more than 15mb

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fijimanfiji View Post
    No.. This definitely hits the marker of "stupid thread". How you gonna prove whatever fix you come up with works? Send yourself 75,000 texts? There are lots of third party software available capable of copying texts to computer. Why take up storage space storing old texts. Still my opinion this is a stupid thread. But Good luck to you on your quest

Opinion or not, you didn't have to be rude. Besides you went out of your way to post on this 'stupid' thread. So how Stu....... Nevermind.

Bro my only recommendation for your predicament is that you back up your texts to your computer. I'm pretty sure somebody with the proper knowledge can do this, but at the moment I don't know.