+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Chatkit location on iOS 5???

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey everyone, I'm on iOS 5 and tether JB using redsn0w exploit. I have made a few of the incompatible themes work (VIP, Prestige HD, ReviKRS/DX, And Noki), but for
    My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Chatkit location on iOS 5???
    Hey everyone, I'm on iOS 5 and tether JB using redsn0w exploit. I have made a few of the incompatible themes work (VIP, Prestige HD, ReviKRS/DX, And Noki), but for some reason I can't get the outgoing text bubbles to change.they remain the stock blue bubble where as the incoming bubble will change. I have been looking for the file location of the chatkit (that has the png's for the bubbles), but I cannot find it in iOS 5. It's not in the usual location that it was in iOS 4.x. I figure I'll just go into the chatkit folder, backup the original, delete it, and replace with bubbles of my choosing. Can anyone please inform me of the chatkit folder (that obtains the bubble png's)?

My iPhone is a Part of Me jdewinnaar's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,072 Times in 514 Posts

Look in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ChatKit.framework

Use the same bundle in winterboard, just note that they've changed the name of the bubble from "Balloon_2@2x_Blue.png" to "[email protected]"

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdewinnaar View Post
    Look in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ChatKit.framework

Use the same bundle in winterboard, just note that they've changed the name of the bubble from "Balloon_2@2x_Blue.png" to "[email protected]"
    Unfortunately it's not that simple. When I changed it in the theme the blue bubble then changed to the stock white bubble. So I had to delete the 2 files in the theme that had the @2x~iphone.png attached and then go back to the chatkit and backup then delete the stock blue bubble and replace it with bubble I want to get to work in the theme. That's the ONLY way I could get it to work. The nice thing is, if I ever have to go back to the stock theme the green and white bubbles will still be used because for some reason that blue bubble is there for maybe an alternate or something. I'm not sure. But that was the fix that I had to do for that with a theme that has NOT been updated for iOS 5 yet. Btw thank you for that file location, I looked for hours and hours and I can't believe I never looked there. Thanks a ton!

My iPhone is a Part of Me jdewinnaar's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,072 Times in 514 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    Unfortunately it's not that simple. When I changed it in the theme the blue bubble then changed to the stock white bubble. So I had to delete the 2 files in the theme that had the @2x~iphone.png attached and then go back to the chatkit and backup then delete the stock blue bubble and replace it with bubble I want to get to work in the theme. That's the ONLY way I could get it to work. The nice thing is, if I ever have to go back to the stock theme the green and white bubbles will still be used because for some reason that blue bubble is there for maybe an alternate or something. I'm not sure. But that was the fix that I had to do for that with a theme that has NOT been updated for iOS 5 yet. Btw thank you for that file location, I looked for hours and hours and I can't believe I never looked there. Thanks a ton!
    Try creating two of each bubble..

[email protected]
    Balloon_1@2x~iphone.png

[email protected]
    Balloon_2@2x~iphone.png

[email protected]
    Balloon_Blue@2x~iphone.png