+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IOS 5 - Changing carrier logos?

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hiya, Does anyone know how to change the carrier logos on IOS 5? I've replaced all the images in the carriers folder for my carrier (vodafone uk) but nothing seems
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default IOS 5 - Changing carrier logos?
    Hiya, Does anyone know how to change the carrier logos on IOS 5? I've replaced all the images in the carriers folder for my carrier (vodafone uk) but nothing seems to work

iPhone? More like MyPhone gpvecchi's Avatar
    Thanks

Up, please...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Should be same as ios4, replace the appropriate images and rename them, adding @2x before the .png file extension

Green Apple
    Thanks

The new SBSettings (with ios5 support) lets you change the carrier name

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by risestar View Post
    Should be same as ios4, replace the appropriate images and rename them, adding @2x before the .png file extension
    I agree, it should, but it doesn't. I have various carrier logos I made myself which worked fine on ios4. Copied the same files over, nothing to overwrite and didn't work.

For my carrier all the image files are now post fixed with _1only_, I replaced these files to no avail.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfects View Post
    I agree, it should, but it doesn't. I have various carrier logos I made myself which worked fine on ios4. Copied the same files over, nothing to overwrite and didn't work.

For my carrier all the image files are now post fixed with _1only_, I replaced these files to no avail.
    Same problem here, only ATT has the old-style carrier logo names Waiting for the solution!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Good news!
    I am done with replacing the default logos, I made a little tutorial, check it out: MacThemes Forum / [SOLVED] iOS5 carrier logo change!

Thanks

I did it! Now, any way to apply it by Winterboard?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gpvecchi View Post
    I did it! Now, any way to apply it by Winterboard?
    ok gpvecchi! so this method works for you too right ?!
    I don't use WB, can not help in that.

Thanks

Well, you have to add the 3 files with you personal carrier logo: remember that for iPhone 4 they have to finish with @2x, even if the 3 files in the folder don't have it (they probably are just sor SD, not HD). Then respring.
    In your example, inside the folder you'll have 3 plist files and
    Default_CARRIER_T-Mobile HU_1only_.png
    FSO_CARRIER_T-Mobile HU_1only_.png
    TS_CARRIER_T-Mobile HU_1only_.png
    Now copy inside the folder your personal logos named
    Default_CARRIER_T-Mobile [email protected]
    FSO_CARRIER_T-Mobile [email protected]
    TS_CARRIER_T-Mobile [email protected]

My error was naming the files with the same name of the one in the folder, without the @2x.
    (Strange: if you'll look at the same files after the respring, even stock files now have your personal png)
    Last edited by gpvecchi; 10-18-2011 at 01:48 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay, Let's get this straight...
    The FSO_CARRIER file represents the springboard's logo which is by default the (WHITE TEXT "name of the carrier")
    The Default_CARRIER file represents the in-app logo which is by default (BLUE TEXT "name of the carrier")

Now, What is the TS_CARRIER Represents ???
    screenshot if it's possible

And by the way, i have no iOS 4 !!
    some guys are sayin' i've to take the original files from iOS 4 and then replace'em with iOS 5 bla bla bla !!

Okay, i figure it out ...
    i did everything perfectly, and i grabbed that TS and copied and just rename it as the TS_CARRIER_"OPERATOR"[email protected] and then copied it again inside the directory with the original one TS_CARRIER_"OPERATOR"_1only_.png

What happened is i've all the carrier logos, but when i open the notification center, there's nothing but the original carrier name (WITHOUT LOGO, JUST THE NAME)

so TS represent the Notification center logo
    Last edited by jooda.groova; 12-28-2011 at 08:59 PM.

Thanks

In SBSettings.... There is an app under "more" that will let u change the carrier logo..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I SSH'd into the folder and changed the carrier logo with the ones I had saved on my computer (a Cingular logo). So what I did was to change the ATT logo (2x) with a cingular one.

I changed the ones in user/library/Carrier Bundle.bundle

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jooda.groova View Post
    Okay, Let's get this straight...
    The FSO_CARRIER file represents the springboard's logo which is by default the (WHITE TEXT "name of the carrier")
    The Default_CARRIER file represents the in-app logo which is by default (BLUE TEXT "name of the carrier")

Now, What is the TS_CARRIER Represents ???
    screenshot if it's possible

And by the way, i have no iOS 4 !!
    some guys are sayin' i've to take the original files from iOS 4 and then replace'em with iOS 5 bla bla bla !!

Okay, i figure it out ...
    i did everything perfectly, and i grabbed that TS and copied and just rename it as the TS_CARRIER_"OPERATOR"[email protected] and then copied it again inside the directory with the original one TS_CARRIER_"OPERATOR"_1only_.png

What happened is i've all the carrier logos, but when i open the notification center, there's nothing but the original carrier name (WITHOUT LOGO, JUST THE NAME)

so TS represent the Notification center logo
    Hiii Joda,

I am a lucky to change my operator logo, but if i look at lockscreen condition on stanby & charging,, the background color is difference, at lockscreen with no charging the color dark grey & with charging condition the color dark black. with 2 condition the system use only 1 file file "FSOxxxx.png".
    Need your advice to fix it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teguhwdd View Post
    Hiii Joda,

I am a lucky to change my operator logo, but if i look at lockscreen condition on stanby & charging,, the background color is difference, at lockscreen with no charging the color dark grey & with charging condition the color dark black. with 2 condition the system use only 1 file file "FSOxxxx.png".
    Need your advice to fix it.
    okay teguhwdd, if i were u, i would probably change the carrier logo FILES themselves and find another.
    Cuz you "suppose" didn't change the original TS_CARRIER,DEFAULT & TS_"OPERATOR"_1only_.png files and it's almost a problem with your carriers logo files itself, the new files you put inside the destination
    So:
    Find another carrier logos and make sure they are png's and make sure they are around 5KB + make sure you name them as following:
    TS_CARRIER_"OPERATOR"[email protected]
    FSO_CARRIER_"OPERATOR"[email protected]
    Default_CARRIER_"OPERATOR"[email protected] ===> Only the "D" is CAP
    and make sure that you still have the original iOS files TS, Default and FSO without @2x at the end of the file name

Best Regards ... and sorry for being late =)