Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App store apps missing???

Default App store apps missing???
    I unarchived a theme using ifile (paid version) and now my app store apps are gone. I can see them in ifile but can't get them on my springboard. I've tried redownloading an app, reboot,respringing.....don't know??? iPhone4 4.3.3 16g. Any help other than "just restore" is greatly appreciated. I don't own a computer either so it just makes life fun.

Have you tried deleting the theme you unarchived in iFile before you respring? If you didn't get the theme from Cydia there's a high chance there's something in it that's not compatible with the way the iPhone 4 works

and save up some money and buy a computer, having a jailbroken iPhone and no computer is like driving a car with no brakes

If the theme was installed with a deb file, open Cydia and go to your installed packages list. Tap the theme; it should say it's from Unknown/Local. Then press Filesystem Content. If it was an archive (.zip, .rar, .tar.gz, etc), open it with iFile's ZIP viewer. Now make sure there's no files that are outside of the theme's folder (/Library/Themes/ThemeName.theme). If there is something in /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries, open SBSettings' More app (open SBS then press the More button) and turn off the dylib with the name you saw in that folder. Then go home, open SBS again and respring.
    If all else fails, you'll need to uninstall it via Cydia (if it was a deb) or find and delete every file that was created (if it was an archive). The folder that has the theme's name inside /Library/Themes should be deleted, but apart from that, you should only delete the files (not any folders!) that were in the archive. Respring when you're done.
    If that still doesn't work, I'm afraid you're going to have to restore. I will write a blog post about how to do this, because it is an important part of jailbreaking.

Hi thekirbylover, thank you for your post. I also had similar problems when I tried to unarchive a winterboard theme. After I resprung most of my home applications like message, phone, photo, setting were found to be missing and just some app store apps were remaining. I don't know how I should proceed. I also cannot access the ifile.

-photo-2-8-13-10.20-am-2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by thekirbylover View Post
    If the theme was installed with a deb file, open Cydia and go to your installed packages list. Tap the theme; it should say it's from Unknown/Local. Then press Filesystem Content. If it was an archive (.zip, .rar, .tar.gz, etc), open it with iFile's ZIP viewer. Now make sure there's no files that are outside of the theme's folder (/Library/Themes/ThemeName.theme). If there is something in /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries, open SBSettings' More app (open SBS then press the More button) and turn off the dylib with the name you saw in that folder. Then go home, open SBS again and respring.
    If all else fails, you'll need to uninstall it via Cydia (if it was a deb) or find and delete every file that was created (if it was an archive). The folder that has the theme's name inside /Library/Themes should be deleted, but apart from that, you should only delete the files (not any folders!) that were in the archive. Respring when you're done.
    If that still doesn't work, I'm afraid you're going to have to restore. I will write a blog post about how to do this, because it is an important part of jailbreaking.

Hi thekirbylover, thank you for your post. I also had similar problems when I tried to unarchive a winterboard theme. After I resprung most of my home applications like message, phone, photo, setting were found to be missing and just some app store apps were remaining. I don't know how I should proceed. I also cannot access the ifile.

-photo-2-8-13-10.20-am-2.jpg
    Last edited by doc123; 02-07-2013 at 10:46 PM.