Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unable to use different sliders

Hello, I'm using an JailBroken iPhone4 on iOS 4.3.3. Through Cydia, I have installed WinterBoard and I am having trouble trying out Sliders (actually this happens with most theme mods I download). I install it, it's listed in WinterBoard, I check it, exit+respring.... but the Slider never actually displays.. just the normal default one.... I have tried rebooting and running WinterBoard in SummerBoard mode.

Well... I find this happens with most little tweaks I try to do... Usually theme based (Slider, battery charging screen, etc...). Any ideas on what the issue might be?

Thanks for your help everyone,
    Noah

....this would be in regards to the Slider on the Lock Screen.
    Last edited by NoahDiehl; 09-26-2011 at 02:01 PM.

Are you checking them when you open winterboard?

Yup, I know to check them. Out if about 10 I have tried, only one has worked so far.

Ahh a ton of stuff on Cydia is old and won't work with iOS4.. Just trial and error to find ones with @2x in the png names.

Have you checked the theme files actually contain sliders? navigate to var/stash/themes with iFile and check all the files of each theme you want to use actually have pictures of parts of sliders.

You can sort of fix this by transferring the images to your computer, resizing them all to double their original size, then SSHing them back to the folder you found them in with @2x at the end of their names (but before .png, if you see it).
    Respring and you'll have your theme's sliders working.

The slider images are in /Library/Themes/My Theme.theme/Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI; replace My Theme with the name of the theme.