+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with themes

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I cannot get any icons to change when I add a theme. I am fairly experienced with jailbroken apps. Iv added themes before and had them work. Iv tried a
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help with themes
    I cannot get any icons to change when I add a theme. I am fairly experienced with jailbroken apps. Iv added themes before and had them work. Iv tried a few things such as deleting my icon cache folder but nothing works. The only thing that changes is the background. The last time I had a theme I had an hd theme which makes you do a lot of work to add and I think it still may be affecting some Programming what should I do?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,700 Times in 5,959 Posts

What theme? if there are several folders/options, you may just have to move the folder that has the icons in it above the theme as Main/Master WinterBoard works in a hierarchy.
    Also, if it is a theme that is on our website, you may want to post your question/problem in the theme thread.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well it's any theme. Even ones iv used before. And I think one is from the site but like I said its all themes. The background changes but not anything else. Can I try moving the folders around using ifile?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,700 Times in 5,959 Posts

There is a tweak in Cydia ThemeIconMaker, TIM. You might try that, seems odd that none of you icons change.
    What them is it your trying to use now, perhaps I can look at it and try to help.

You move the theme files in WinterBoard, iFile not needed.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Connect your iPhone to your computer, SSH into winterboard(Var/stash/themes) copy all your themes to your computer, go to Cydia on your iPhone, uninstall Winterboard, install Winterboard again, SSH back in and copy all the files back to Winterboard and try again. Might work you never know.

iPhone? More like MyPhone thekirbylover's Avatar
    Thanks

Is “SummerBoard Mode” enabled in WinterBoard? Some themes use the old method for editing icons and the icons won't appear if that switch is off.
    If that doesn't work, which iDevice and iOS version do you have? If you're using an iOS 5 beta or GM, I think that sometimes the icons might not show up. iPhone 4, touch 4 and newer need theme images to be double the size, because of the Retina display.