+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Setting events to the exact minute in iPhone Calendar

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys I'm looking for a way to set events down to the exact minute in the default iOS calendar application rather then to the nearest 5 minute block. Is
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Setting events to the exact minute in iPhone Calendar
    Hey guys I'm looking for a way to set events down to the exact minute in the default iOS calendar application rather then to the nearest 5 minute block.

Is there anyway of doing this? I know there's other calendar apps out there but I would rather use the default one.

I know the iphone is capable of showing events down the the minute because I can import iCal events.

One other thing I would like to be able to do is add or attach an image from the camera roll into an event.

*Edit* Ok basically I want to know if there's anyway to copy over the time "rollers" over from the "mobiletimer" app specifically the one from the setting of alarms into the file that has the time roller in the "mobilecalendar" app. Is it possible to simply copy over and replace the file? If so which file do I replace?
    Last edited by Vlad.K; 09-17-2011 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Extra info

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

*Bump*
    Anyone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Sounds like you need the reminders app available in 5.0. Just hold tight for it, bud. The calendar is a great way to track events etc but the reminders is good to, well, remind you of much more specific things...even to the minute haha. So just hang tight.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

In my case it's not so much for reminding as keeping records of critical events.

For example I work in the transportation field and need to keep track of departure times over an entire month/year and at the end of the day I normally add into the iCal that event x happend at say 10:33am and then sync which works fine. However sometimes a sudden change happens and I can't add such a label into the iOS calendar because it's set up to only work in 5 min blocks. Hence I'm looking to modify the default iOS calendar to be able to input exact minute times.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Rather than modify the app (because I don't think it's an easy task to do /that/) just get a 3rd party app. At least try a third party application

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

2 reasons. 1st off the default calendar fills my needs just perfectly sans the 5 min block issue and integrates well with my ical and I much enjoy the interface over other 3rd party apps.

And secondly because I enjoy the challenge of hacking the app.

Could it really be that hard to modify the time rollers? They already exist surely there's got to be a way to swap them over?

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I agree with you Viad.K. It 'seems' this shouldn't be too difficult. It's unclear whether the times are hard-coded or in a plist. Lock times were (may still be) in a plist and could be changed. Never looked for a calendar plist. If it's hard coded, a mobile substrate dynlib tweak may be the only way.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well I figure the scroll wheels for the setting of alarm clocks are down to the exact minute surely there's a way to copy that same plist/file into the calendar and overwrite the current 5 min block wheel? If I knew what the files were calledI would have a go ssh'ing them myself.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Your assumption is based upon the minute wheel selection being in a plist.
    I have no idea ... and assume it's not, else it would be easily available.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Or that no one has tried it yet ;P

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Try it. I want it too

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

*Sigh* still nothing?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For all those interested I've finally had success and there's a simple way of doing it. Simply instal this tweak. Every Last Minute - via lordscotland's Cydia Repository

It's a private repo belonging to a member called lordscotland props go to him for the code work. Simply instal the source in cyda and download the tweak as normal. Works on both iPad and iPhone iOS5

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad.K View Post
    For all those interested I've finally had success and there's a simple way of doing it. Simply instal this tweak. Every Last Minute - via lordscotland's Cydia Repository

It's a private repo belonging to a member called lordscotland props go to him for the code work. Simply instal the source in cyda and download the tweak as normal. Works on both iPad and iPhone iOS5
    Thanks man!