+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Override Pressing Send with SMS Sender

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello everyone I'm an avid mac user and an iphone texter, and since the release of the mac App store there has been an app called "SMS Sender" which lets
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Override Pressing Send with SMS Sender
    Hello everyone

I'm an avid mac user and an iphone texter, and since the release of the mac App store there has been an app called "SMS Sender" which lets you type up messages from your computer and then send them through your phone. Bad thing about it is that every time you want to send something you gotta go back to your iphone and tap Send (its aparently impossible to override because its established by apple). Since I am jailbroken and I have some mild dev/modding experience ive been tinkering unsuccesfully to see if i can change this so that when i hit send from my laptop i dont have to go back to my phone to tap send (seriously takes half the utility of it away). Anyone out there have any idea on how to set it up.what files to delete/change to override this popup screen that is so inneficient?

Thank you

Juan

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,308 Times in 5,971 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Don Ju4n View Post
    Hello everyone

I'm an avid mac user and an iphone texter, and since the release of the mac App store there has been an app called "SMS Sender" which lets you type up messages from your computer and then send them through your phone. Bad thing about it is that every time you want to send something you gotta go back to your iphone and tap Send (its aparently impossible to override because its established by apple). Since I am jailbroken and I have some mild dev/modding experience ive been tinkering unsuccesfully to see if i can change this so that when i hit send from my laptop i dont have to go back to my phone to tap send (seriously takes half the utility of it away). Anyone out there have any idea on how to set it up.what files to delete/change to override this popup screen that is so inneficient?

Thank you

Juan
    I will VPN into my phone which allows you to use your pc/Mac keyboard then I use my mouse to hit send. I never have to touch my phone. It allows me to leave it in my desk and still have full access to my phone all day through my computer.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately I'm massively failing at setting up a VPN between my mac and iphone.
    I used to have a 3GS and i simply used Veency from cydia but it's incompatible with the iphone 4 so it just ends up closing the conection like 20 seconds after i open it?

Any tips on setting this VPN? I'm jailbroken so no worries if its anything from cydia

thank you