+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Changing iPhone icons through Winterboard

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello. I have been trying to figure out how to change my iPhone's icons. I found an article that said to copy/paste the .png files into the "Icons" folder under
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Changing iPhone icons through Winterboard
    Hello.

I have been trying to figure out how to change my iPhone's icons. I found an article that said to copy/paste the .png files into the "Icons" folder under /Library/Themes/"name of theme" and then to restart the springboard.

When i do that, the icon is huge. Can someone point me in the right direction of fixing this?

I'm sorry if I'm asking a stupid question. I have searched this site, as well as a crapload of sites on Google.

Changing iPhone icons through Winterboard-photo.png

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Did you format it correctly (proper rez for retina vs non retina display)? I had gotten started in theme development by unzipping a deb on my computer and overwriting existing filenames with a new pic that had identical dimensions. Open up a basic theme and poke around there, make sure you're not forgetting to add something.

Alternately, wait for someone more knowledgeable to respond.

Green Apple
    Thanks

*Cydia and factory setting iPhone applications are in var/stash/applications/

AppStore.app=AppStore
    Contacts~iPhone.app=Contacts
    Cydia.app = Cydia
    iFile.app=iFile
    MobileMusicPlayer.app=iPod
    MobileStore.app= iTunes
    Maps~iPhone.app=Maps
    MobileSMS.app=Messages
    MobileNotes.app=Notes
    MobileSlideShow.app=Photos
    MobileSafari.app=Safari
    Preferences.app=Settings

With iFile look for called [email protected], you can open it with "picture viewer"

Apps downloaded from the App Store are in Var/mobile/applications/

The rules are slightly different for App Store apps

Apple's application names come coded. To decode them navigate to the settings page in iFile and turn "application names ON" then go to Var/mobile/applications/

Open the application that you want to change the icon of and look for the" *.app" file, inside the .app file, is an*[email protected]

To check the right icon size for your springboard, open the*[email protected] with "picture viewer"*with iFile and it has the icon resolution at the top of the page ("?x?")