Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Disabe Gamecenter

Default Disabe Gamecenter
    besides logining into gamecenter, which i dnt wanna do, is therea way to disable it/ disable the popups that happen everytime i launch a game?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    besides logining into gamecenter, which i dnt wanna do, is therea way to disable it/ disable the popups that happen everytime i launch a game?

Thanks
    You can actually do this without jailbreaking
    Go into settings--->general--->restrictions
    Turn on restrictions, just use the same passcode you use to unlock your ipod/iphone.
    Scroll all the way to the bottom, under Game Center, and turn off both switches(Multiplayer games and Adding friends)
    You can also do this with facetime(disable it) because it always runs in the background, even when you haven't opened it.
    If i helped, don't be afraid to hit the thanks button. It won't bite!!!!

How may I hack you?

i did that, and it still comes up.... now prior to that i read a thread on a differnt forum about using ifile and deleting certian folders to get rid of gamecenter, and i tried some of that. that was from 4.1 and im on 4.2.1..... but figured it was worth a shot. any other ideas?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Nothing you can do about it. I've tried it all too Even SSH'd in and deleted it off the phone, still manages to pop up. I mean I could be wrong, maybe I haven't tried *everything* but I (and most all the other people who ask about this) have just given up and signed into the stupid thing.