+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone loses music and contacts

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
My GSM iPhone 4, jailbroken on 4.33, periodically shows no content in the iPod app and the contacts. Sometimes a reboot fixes the issue, sometimes not. I have too many
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default iPhone loses music and contacts
    My GSM iPhone 4, jailbroken on 4.33, periodically shows no content in the iPod app and the contacts. Sometimes a reboot fixes the issue, sometimes not. I have too many tweaks, etc. to list here. I've tried removing various Cydia add ons, but no luck. Oddly, when the phone has been powered down overnight, it usually doesn't have the problem when turned back on. Any ideas?

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

My advise? You won't like it
    Restore it and pay a lot more attention to what you install. There are so many tweaks, apps, and junk available it's easy to add conflicting and unfriendly stuff. This occurs frequently to those who install unauthorized or unpaid cracked apps.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Restore it and pay a lot more attention to what you install. There are so many tweaks, apps, and junk available it's easy to add conflicting and unfriendly stuff. This occurs frequently to those who install unauthorized or unpaid cracked apps.
    I understand, but what baffles me is that the issue is intermittent. It's not from "cracked" apps.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

As I said, you wouldn't like my advise
    After years of troubled iPhones, now I'm very careful when installing apps and tweaks. I investigate the app, the date of the last update, the author, and the source repo before doing anything.
    Maybe someone has experienced your symptom and can recommend a solution.

My iPhone is a Part of Me ddonuts4's Avatar
    Thanks

Please don't just make assumptions. There are many apps, every one of them non-cracked, pirated, hacked, etc. etc... that will mess up your phone.

Look through every app you have installed in cydia, and uninstall whatever you dont need. Be careful not to delete packages that say they are essential packages. (you can uninstall some very important stuff if you have cydia on developer mode).

If this doesnt help, try uninstalling apps/tweaks that you DO use.
    If i helped, don't be afraid to hit the thanks button. It won't bite!!!!

How may I hack you?

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddonuts4 View Post
    Please don't just make assumptions. There are many apps, every one of them non-cracked, pirated, hacked, etc. etc... that will mess up your phone.....
    My advise applies to all apps. Be careful and be aware.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    My advise applies to all apps. Be careful and be aware.
    Thank you. I removed about a dozen Cydia tweaks that I didn't use or need. All has been OK for a few daysl now. It was not very scientific since I don't know which was the problem one. However, I will be more careful in the future.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Good to hear. About a year ago I realized about 3 of my installed apps were messing around with the battery percentage. It was a wonder it worked at all !! From then on, it was apparent to me I needed to pay more attention.