Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Youtube resolution change via iFile

Default Youtube resolution change via iFile
    I saw somewhere that you could find youtube system files via iFile and edit the resolution from standard(480p?) to what I want (240p). My problem is this, I don't really have the best internet connection in the world (like 150kbps) and I like to stream my youtube subs down in my room before I go to bed at night. Ive used the youtube safari app, it loads alot faster (cause you can turn off HQ). The thing is, is I have yourtube and if I like a video i download it so i can watch it on the bus in the morning. Usually i download it first, then actually watch it and by the time im done watching it, It is done. The problem is, is that with my bad internet connection and my dad is usually on his imac, the videos take forever to load on 480p. I wanna change that to 240p. Like i said before i dont really care about the bad quality cause i usually download the funny ones in HQ so its not too bad and i can watch them forever. I knew ive seen this thread on this site before but i just dont remember where. If anyone could point me in the right direction i'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance,Zak

Thanks

Are you trying to download or stream in 240p?
    iPhone 4S | MacBook Air

stream. i want the standard quality to have the video play in 240p

Thanks

I'm going to do some research for you. I'll get back to you if I find anything.

-Jason
    iPhone 4S | MacBook Air

Thanks. I've been googling different keywords like that and I haven't got any results. Good luck!

Thanks

Might I ask, what device are you using?
    iPhone 4S | MacBook Air

iPod touch 4g. running 4.21 firmware

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

150kbps is too slow, you should ask ur dad to upgrade the speed or ask him not to use when u are downloading.
    If he says No to upgrading Internet speed, tell him you are moving out.... just kidding
    Even if you can change the YouTube resolution, don't think your YouTube can work.

it can work ive seen it before. and we were gonna upgrade and get dish(phone tv and internet) and we would get better phone and internet than we have now. we dont even have tv. we have the local 5 channels. but it would be cheaper but since it has tv in it he wont buy it

System/Library/Core Services/Springboard.app/N90AP.plist in the iPhone 4 it has 720p </true>, read if you set it to false apparently it will become 360p.

Open it with text viewer not plist viewer.

i only have N18ap, N72AP N81AP. n81ap has the resolution but it seems to deal something with the camera because it includes "front facing camera, video capture and stuff like that

You can try setting it to <false/> and then reboot your iphone and check the resolution to see what happens if you like.

One other thing:

Have you got <key>multi-tasking gestures<key> <false/> in your N81AP.plist? If you do change <false/> to <true/> by editing in text viewer and reboot your iPhone then go to your Settings app and go to General>Multitasking Gestures, turn it ON*to enable multi tasking gestures.