Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dramatically increase iPhone/iPod RAM guide

Default Dramatically increase iPhone/iPod RAM guide
    Here is a guide to increasing the RAM/Speed of your iDevice:

1. Disable spotlight-One does this in Settings>General>Spotlight Search, and uncheck everything.

2. Optimize images in Winterboard-Open winterboard, and look down at optimize themes 1.0. It will say "Reticulating Splines, please wait, this will take a few minutes." Wait until it's done (that message will disappear when it's done ). I typicall optimize ALL theme stuff, keyboard, widgets, everything. Optimizing compresses an image, saving space.

3. Disable unnecessary Launch Daemons: install Mobileterminal for iOS 4. Install Remove LaunchDaemons from that same repo. Go into Mobileterminal, type in "Su" and then "alpine"(or whatever password you use for sshing) and then type in "rld". Press enter, read, and follow directions.

4. Remove unnecessary Language packs: install Mobileterminal for iOS 4. Install Lang2.2 from that same repo. Go into Mobileterminal, type in "Su" and then "alpine"(or whatever password you use for sshing) and then type in "lang2.2". Press enter, read, and follow directions.

You'll need to reboot after removing Language packs or LaunchDaemons. Remember to READ everything that it tells you, you don't wanna remove anything you actually use lol.

Google for the deb, or you can do it manually.

Here's some more ways

By Patfreak: i deleted all my unused language manually..plus all the var/logs/crash and var/mobile/library/crashreporter reporter which one file usually 87kb-90kb..and thats what make mine a incredibly fast.

maybe you want to speed up more.i deleted the female and male voices in System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SportsWorkoutframework/voices. and just leave ENUS..im on iphone 4 4.3.2..try it and youll see much faster and a larger storage..free up to almost 100mb

You can get much more speed/ram doing the above things. If you are a noob to using terminal or jailbreaking, I wouldn't recommend any of this..you could mess your iDevice

Don't forget to hit rep if ya found this useful

And yes, I've tested all of these methods as well..my iPhone can handle widgets much better than before .
    Last edited by KnightWing; 08-25-2011 at 09:10 AM.
    Follow me on twitter @The_KnightWing

When I go to var/log - I don't see a crash folder?
    3g fw 4.1.

I've gone all methods and can't launch my mobile terminal. 4.3.3 i4. Is there a list of safe lds I can delete manually?