+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Disable Camera

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello, I want to know is there a way to disable the camera from my iPhone 3G or remove the camera application. I read it in a thread here somewhere
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Disable Camera
    Hello,

I want to know is there a way to disable the camera from my iPhone 3G or remove the camera application. I read it in a thread here somewhere that the camera application can be removed by SSH-ing into the phone and removing it. I tried accessing the phone using iFunbox. I found every system application over there but the Camera app was nowhere to be found. I am running iOS 4.1 on iPhone 3G jailbroken. Can someone please tell me where to look for the camera application so as to remove it.

I want to disable\remove the camera application because of security reasons in my firm. They dont allow camera phones on the work floor(GRRRR). I want to disable it so that i can use my phone in my office. No point in hiding the app as the IT guys will find a way through it. Is there any other way of disabling the camera other than removing it via SSH??

My iPhone is a Part of Me mkblade's Avatar
    Thanks

im pretty sure you can disable via the main plist files located in Springboard.app folder titled, M86 & N82..(i actually forgot the real numbers but their similar to that...its been a while since i played around with the 3G) but u open the plist and inside listed are various "features" that are defaultly enabled "true" but you can set them to "false" if you would like....hope it helps again its been a while since I "played" around with a 2G/3G
    You Know You Want to Hit It...[Thanks!]

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If hiding the icon won't help and you can't find it in a plist, the Camera application is located in:
    /Applications (or /private/var/stash/Applications). I would test moving the Camera.app to a different directory.
    Did you already test this approach?
    Last edited by Mes; 08-13-2011 at 09:32 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mkblade View Post
    im pretty sure you can disable via the main plist files located in Springboard.app folder titled, M86 & N82..(i actually forgot the real numbers but their similar to that...its been a while since i played around with the 3G) but u open the plist and inside listed are various "features" that are defaultly enabled "true" but you can set them to "false" if you would like....hope it helps again its been a while since I "played" around with a 2G/3G
    Thanks mate. Your way worked for me. I disabled the string in the .plist file. Thank you soooo much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    If hiding the icon won't help and you can't find it in a plist, the Camera application is located in:
    /Applications (or /private/var/stash/Applications). I would test moving the Camera.app to a different directory.
    Did you already test this approach?

Yes mate, i had tried going in to the applications folder, but there aint any "camera.app". I too didn't believe it. Check the screenshot.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Crazy, no Camera.app. Happy the other way worked out. It's a much better solution