+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Swirly MMS Problem!!!

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hey guys, i just installed the new version of swirlyMMS, did the settings everything is correct, but everytime i sent MMS pic to the other phone thier getting 2 msg
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Swirly MMS Problem!!!
    hey guys,

i just installed the new version of swirlyMMS, did the settings everything is correct, but everytime i sent MMS pic to the other phone thier getting 2 msg 1st msg "The Application file Img_01010.jpg was deleted" 2nd msg "You have beens sent Picture Msg. View you message at "website", your password is "password". Your Message will be deleted after 6 days".

do i have i sign for the "T-mobile, Total Internet plan or T-zone?"

please need ur advice to fix this....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am seeing this too - the good news is that the recepient IS getting the pic - they just have to login to the site.

I am not sure what is going on though -- happens when I send a test to myself (T-Mobile), but not when someone on ATT sends an MMS to me. That shows up just fine in finder (with Preview).

Anyone offering insight here would be appreciated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi.. Try This & Follow in Order:

How to Enable SwirlyMMS
    -Installer > Sources > Add this repo: http://swirlyspace.com/SwirlySpace.xml > Install VERSION 0.3.6
    -Install > Swirlyspace > SwirlyMMS > Install
    -RESTART iPhone

-Launch SwirlyMMS enter the following SwirlyMMS T-Mobile (USA) Settings:
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS-APN: wap.voicestream.com
    User: empty
    Pass: empty

How to view MMS:
    Preview > Open > Apple Icon > Up > Up > Double Click Media > Double Click Mmsfiles
    To view the pics (full size) select modify - open with the preview.app
    To view the text sent with the pic select modify - open with textedit.app
    P.S. Receiving mms works with wifi on too!

If you're receiving MMS messages but the attached photos are very small (160x120 in my case) you can attempt to correct this by adding the following source to installer:

http://swirlyspace.com/SwirlyMMSSettings/Settings.xml

You will find a new category called SwirlyMMS Phone Faking which will allow SwirlyMMS to pretend to be another handset that may be supported by your carrier.

In my case, I use T-Mobile USA and the Sony Ericsson w800i profile works beautifully for me...

Enjoy
    Last edited by BeckssGirl; 03-22-2008 at 02:41 AM.
    MacGirl iPhone v1.1.4 w/ T-Mobile
    ░▒▓█ MMS In/Out ► Yes/Yes
    ░▒▓█ iSMS In/Out ► Yes/Yes
    ░▒▓█ WiFi/EDGE ► Yes
    ░▒▓█ YouTube App ► Yes

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeckssGirl For This Useful Post:

kcisjojo (07-08-2008), sebs8 (04-29-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Just to let you guys know...

To view MMS you need "Mobile finder" and "Mobile Preview."

Then in Mobile preview:

Preview > Open > Apple Icon > Up > Up > Double Click Media > Double Click Mmsfiles

If you're receiving MMS messages but the attached photos are very small (160x120 in my case) you can attempt to correct this by adding the following source to installer:

You will find a new category called SwirlyMMS Phone Faking which will allow SwirlyMMS to pretend to be another handset that may be supported by your carrier.

use Sony Ericsson w800i

Just like BeckssGirl said... thanks!
    Last edited by psoudo; 03-25-2008 at 02:16 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psoudo For This Useful Post:

krayzie303 (03-30-2008), redman9 (06-01-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey i did everything but i dont have the MMS files folder when i go into media..

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BeckssGirl View Post

How to Enable SwirlyMMS
    -Installer > Sources > Add this repo: http://swirlyspace.com/SwirlySpace.xml > Install VERSION 0.3.6
    -Install > Swirlyspace > SwirlyMMS > Install
    -RESTART iPhone

-Launch SwirlyMMS enter the following SwirlyMMS T-Mobile (USA) Settings:
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS-APN: wap.voicestream.com
    User: empty
    Pass: empty

How to view MMS:
    To view the pics (full size) select modify - open with the preview.app
    To view the text sent with the pic select modify - open with textedit.app
    P.S. Receiving mms works with wifi on too!

In my case, I use T-Mobile USA and the Sony Ericsson w800i profile works beautifully for me...

Enjoy
    Question about this, my Swirley MMS works fine now with all the settings I have. I have both sent and received messages and confirmed both work. Should I get the Phone Faking hack? Do I need it?

I mean the only reason I would think about getting it is because the pictures do come out small when I receive them.

I'm on 1.1.2 unlocked to T-mobile.

Thanks.

Thanks
    installer has version 3.8 not 3.6 anyone know how i can down grade?? Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i cannot get my mms .. i keep on getting: "wrong message type, could not fetch any MMS check you settings"
    any ideas ???

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Enjoy
    i did this and they are still showing up small. i am on t-mobile using a 1.1.4 8gig iphone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ToasterBoyOhFour View Post
    i did this and they are still showing up small. i am on t-mobile using a 1.1.4 8gig iphone.
    Try the Nokia N95. I am on T-Mobile USA with 1.1.4 and have had success with this. Also keep in mind if the phone sending is only sending in 160x120 you will obviously only receive them in that size also. Hope this helps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hello everyone first time post here..i read all posts and replys and i was just wondering i have att with i my iphone not t-moble and im getting this "cannot fetch mms right since gprs/edge is not availiable!please review your mms and/or edge apn settings,or wait a while if settings are correct....." i waited like 2days now here r my settings
    MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    PROXY: 066.209.011.032
    APN:mmsc.cingular.com

this is all it says i had a friend try yo help me but dont know if these r correct any help will be appriciated thanks for everything keep up the good work guys

Thanks

If the pics are too small in mobilepreview or finder try installing the 'movemms' app. It's an app that takes all your mms pics and moves them to your camera roll. So once you get a pic msg you fetch it with Swirly. Then you exit Swirly and click the movemms app. You'll get a popup in Polish and it closes. That's it. Now check your cameral roll and the pic should be there.

Search the forums for the app.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have mobile finder , preview, text editor and all i ever get is a black screen. I usually dont post I search and try to find help in previous posts but its driving me crazy. Please somebody that has it working tell me how you did it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks so much Beckssgirl....but...I too have a 1.1.4, JB'd etc on T-Mob. I have latest Mpreview and Finder, Swirly and just dnldd your suggestion of the settings faker and installed the Erickson file. I rebooted phone and nothing has changed. I am only getting 6kb size photos. I know my friend took these with her cam and sent them to me much bigger than that but can't get them to open in anything. I sucked them out using CuteFTP Pro and they are still that small in my laptop. I did the method of putting them in the DCIM/100APPLE folder and making doubles of each and renaming to IMG_0008.THM and .JPG and that didn't change anything either. They can't be double clicked to open, they can't be sent in an Email (they can but the file is not openable in the receiving email), and if I "copy" them and put them in the "Photos" folder, that doesn't change anything either.
    I have rebooted after all installs. What gives? Any ideas?
    Thanks for your time everyone.
    K

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Anyone having issues juet egtting the pic with this error.
    he network reported: an unspecified error has occurred (tr) could not fetch any mms check your settings!

Im on 1.1.4 tmobil and it was working before.

Green Apple
    Thanks

How to Enable SwirlyMMS
    where do you find this VERSION 0.3.6???