Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How To] regular sms with iMessage on ipod touch on iOS 5

Default [How To]regular sms with iMessage on iPodTouch,iPad on iOS 5
    If you want to get regular sms to go along with iMessage on iPod touch running iOS 5 follow this tutorial
    NOTE: only tested on ipod touch 4g on iOS 5 beta 3. I am not responsible for any damage that may happen to your device. i have not tested on iPad but it has been reported working

first download google voice from the appstore, log in, and make sure to enable notifications!

you will need to ssh into your jailbroken device and go to /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app/N81AP.plist
    and add the string

<key>sms</key>
    <true/>

next go into cydia and download sms gv extension. note that it will not show up untill you mod the plist.

Navigate to /Library/PreferenceLoader/Preferences and copy those 3 files:
    Receive Settings.plist
    smsgvextension.plist
    smsgvextension.png
    Paste them in /private/var/stash/Applications/Preferences.app, then rename "smsgvextention.plist" to "SMS GV Extension.plist" (the one you pasted, obviously).

Open Settings.plist (still in /private/var/stash/Applications/Preferences.app) make a backup of the plist that you just edited, clear the plist, open the attachment copy whats in it and past in the plist.
    settings.txt

next log into sms gv extgension. make sure enable send is on. go to receive settings, turn on official gv app and turn off local mail.

last but not least. TEXT SOMEBODY YOU HAVE A CRUSH ON and you can do that because i showed you how to do this

somebody who has done this, leave your email so i can iMessage you to see if there are any bugs!

Drop a comment and tell me what you think!

sources: C0C0 of iFans forums
    xXrkidXx of Modmyi forums
    I put this together and figured some other stuff out but i use some of their info and i thot they deserved to be given credit
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Hossinator96; 07-15-2011 at 10:53 PM.
    iPhone 4 gsm
    iPod Touch 4
    iPod Touch 2

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hossinator96 For This Useful Post:

Cristianol3 (10-29-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Cristianol3's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you. I was wondering if i could still do this on iOS5.