Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Increase keyboard click volume

Default Increase keyboard click volume
    Hi, I've been searching for the past hour on how to increase the volume of keyboard clicks with no luck

The reason I want to increase the volume is because I have changed my keyboard click sound (tock.caf) and now it is very quiet.

Modifying the actual caf file to increase the volume does nothing as the file is attenuated through iOS to a certain volume limit...

If anyone knows anthing about increasing the base volume attenuation of keyboard clicks I'd be much appreciated

Thanks

Guess still no one knows

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I believe there are nice and friendly tweaks running around Cydia but don't know their names. An old version was called VolumeBoost but that was ages ago.

If you're energetic and have some iPhone system knowledge. take a look at /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/RegionalVolumeLimits.plist This is the name on iOS 4.2.1. I don't understand all the keys but changing the 0.82999999999 values to 1.0 had some positive effects on my 3GS.

Be very careful editing anything, especially system files. Keep and edit only a backup copy.