Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable facetime 3GS iOS 4.3.3 without faceit3GS

Default Enable facetime 3GS iOS 4.3.3 without faceit3GS
    this is pretty self explanitory in the title. how can we do this? it was done by face3GS in the days of iOS 4.1 and it worked very well. however, the people at iphoneislam started to charge for this program...

YES, I KNOW SOME OF YOU QUESTION the use of facetime without a front camera. yes, i do have to flip the phone to use it properly. however, i used it before and it wasn't as annoying as you think it would be, and other programs such as skype for iphone have the same problems. it just so happens that i have contacts who do use facetime, so i would like to find a way to enable it. thank you!

I'd like to have that also, the Arab version only worked on 4.1...
    iPhone 3GS 16GB | Website: TWolf.sytes.net
    My WM Apps&Skins: Tinyurl.com/4555uh9

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If I downgrade to 4.1 can I have facetime enabled on my 3GS?
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!

Yes, just add iPhoneIslam Repo as repository in Cydia, and then search for FaceIt-3GS to install it. Once installed, reboot your iPhone 3GS and navigate to Settings > Phone and turn on the toggle for FaceTime.
    iPhone 3GS 16GB | Website: TWolf.sytes.net
    My WM Apps&Skins: Tinyurl.com/4555uh9

5. The Following User Says Thank You to twolfer For This Useful Post:

Jcbzr (06-29-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by twolfer View Post
    Yes, just add iPhoneIslam Repo as repository in Cydia, and then search for FaceIt-3GS to install it. Once installed, reboot your iPhone 3GS and navigate to Settings –> Phone and turn on the toggle for FaceTime.

Nah, they started charging for that recently. I took it upon myself to make my own FaceTime hack for iPhone 3GS. Now FaceTime.app is on my home screen working flawlessly on my iPhone 3GS! (The iPod at the top left is a carrier tweak)

Alright then where is the phone app, why is music and videos separated, and why are you trying to fool everyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

awww you had my hopes up for a moment.
    anyways, bump? it's definitely possible, we just need some file mods back from the iphone 4, any help?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Not to mention he did a poor job at fooling us. It says iPod at the top left.
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!

Bringing up an old tread here. Can anyone verify the following about the Faceit-3GS app on a 3GS phone?

1. Are you able to make outgoing Facetime calls on the 3GS or only receive incoming calls?

2. Can the rear camera on the 3GS be used to transmit video to the other user when using this app? Or are you only able to receive video from the other caller and not send out your own video?

3. Does the app work for only iOS version 4.1 and 4.3.3?