+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: plist UIStatusBarStyle

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey, I'm running an iPhone 4 on 4.2.1: Can anyone "in the know" tell me if it should be possible to globally theme the Status Bar using the UIStatusBarStyle key/string?
    Color Keyboard Yoda Phatmartino's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 310 Posts

Default plist UIStatusBarStyle
    Hey, I'm running an iPhone 4 on 4.2.1:

Can anyone "in the know" tell me if it should be possible to globally theme the Status Bar using the UIStatusBarStyle key/string?
    Unlike most, I'm interested in the OpaqueBlack, partially to keep what I'm using Winterboard to theme under control and partially because I'm using a few other tweaks to mod date/clock color, etc. and like most I'm interested in uniformity. I've been modding original plists for any apps I can with success in most instances, but for one example, mobileSMS works when the app loads, then reverts back to default when I enter a contact/message entry.

Beyond the daunting task of trying to do this for every app neccessary (which I'm absolutely willing to do), is there a way to mod the Default Status Bar that is referrenced (or by whatever means used without referrence) so that the Black will be used by default?

I'm sure this is mentioned one way or another thousands of times, which is probably why the search feature all but refused to give me any results no matter what I tried.

Any help (even to tell me I must use Winterboard) would be profoundly appreciated!

iPhone? More like MyPhone VerizonIphone4_help's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok using this tread now illnpost the results of the .plits tonight

Thanks

Hey let me know exactly what on the phone dialer you feel the numberpad pressed colors matched and/or if by chance you would even want them to match the phone dialer pressed keys, I can add the values to make either happen in the new plist...

Or... possibly even better may be to fire off a new copy of your number pad and include your Mario font, and we could make the "pressed buttons" only a very transparent gradient.

Let me know what you think.

and unrelated:

Here's an example of the button bar badge. Might save you a little time with positioning...
    Name:  ImageUploadedByModMyi1310587750.207051.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  1.5 KB
    [email protected]

I believe it needs both resolutions.

Thanks

lol omg a new one completely might be a final approach but idk if i have the time until this weekend to tackle that project.

also i downloaded your .zip folder and everything looks great cept for the yellow on the numberpad

I also discovered the transparent keyboard theme was doing nothing I didn't already have in the MarioBros keyboard theme already >.>

here's a screenie of it with your .plist

here's a screenie of the "numberpad" with my .png over the top of it and my first colorboard.plist by itself. (the number 2 is pressed in the screenie the area where the pound and number signs would normally go are always that light green.

the number turning black i could care less about but i like the nice light green against the dark green of the unpressed numberpad, matches the dialer (although dialer uses a reddish for pressed keys (wouldn't mind making that the same light green).

I'll be home in about an hour. you can reach me by text, or phone or this.

oh i also noticed that there might be a seperate keyboard for the map.app. I thought i remembered there being a route key and now it just shows my return key
    Last edited by VerizonIphone4_help; 07-13-2011 at 06:16 PM.

Thanks

Ya there is a map keyboard with the word "route" instead of return. Also I somehow lost my flash drive between sticking it in my pocket and driving straight home >.< so I have only looked at the .zip u sent which is awesome but haven't made any new images. Tonight Ill try to make the shift halo and the two keyboards. Do u know how to edit the CK.plist to add in the other keyboard(s)? Like defining the keyboard u said was missing and then the map if u can find it's name. I'll look at the apple keyboard and see if it has one and it's name.
    Last edited by VerizonIphone4_help; 07-14-2011 at 02:01 PM.

Thanks

Yeah I can definitely take care of all the plist related stuff. Even beyond the new images, there's some more organization that needs to be done.

Does that "route" button appear on a native layout that you can confirm in app? If so, let me know in what instance it gets used so I can take a look and that should be enough for me to test control states.

Thanks

Last edited by VerizonIphone4_help; 07-14-2011 at 01:59 PM.

Thanks

made a photobucket for this so we can upload to the same spot

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

and the password is in a pm

Thanks

Hey, see what you're saying. Hadn't thought much about the different "Return" key <strings>, which makes me wonder if it isn't possible with the bg image method.

Haven't tested completely, but no luck so far, and I think that's because that text is controlled by the native Keyboard-en.plist in a <string> (for example "Route" is:
    <k>UI-Route</k><s>Route</s>
    and not a "KB Layout ControlState" like we're referencing.

This can of course be changed in a WB theme, but only to control what the text actually says in those instances and only in the native (or BytaFont) referenced format.

You may also consider that were a set of more "ControlState" type Layouts possible, it would require up to 6 more bg images for every similar instance we could figure out:
    Route, Go, Next, etc.

Let me know what you think and/or if you git what I's sayin'...

Thanks

Ya I see what ur saying and it's cake for me to make the bg's I'm already thinking about redoing the number and symbol page and making the text bigger.

Thanks

ok so I did a bit of research and the screenies I took match up directly with some images from apple keyboard form page 71 of the CK thread.

I looked at the differences in .plist definitions and highlighted the differences in light blue, the red highlighted is parts that my .plist had that apple keyboard .plist did NOT have. the yellow highlight indicated my .plist and the unhighlighted side indicates the apple keyboard .plist.

the image folders are separated into three groups, the images differences are a direct look at differences in naming (the #.png is ours and the [email protected] is the apple keyboard images[there is 24 of them so for some numbers (18-24) we have no image]). The other two folders have the screenie i took from my phone of the stock keyboard (and identified as my keyboard not having them) and showed where they WERE present in the apple keyboard.

I know it's a ton of info to wade through but i hope i helped narrow it down for you.

here's the media fire .zip file
    look at next post please
    Last edited by VerizonIphone4_help; 07-15-2011 at 11:25 AM.

Thanks

Nice working, without sifting entirely through your info and to give a response quickly, I didn't think you'd take the time to worry about the coding: I should have asked if you're aware of what the Control state number values mean. In this:

Portrait;iPhone-Alert;0;3

"0"=ControlState
    "3"=Layout

Here's what I already know for sure, though testing could find more.

Control States:

0 = Shift Key Pressed
    1 = Normal
    2 = Numbers
    3 = Symbols

Layouts:

no value = Normal
    3 = .com
    4 = NumberPad
    5 = NumberPad
    7 = @email

4 Control States x 3 Layouts x 2 Orientations (P+L) would be 24 Keyboards + 1 NumberPad = 25 at least with no low res images.

I had thought you were only missing the @email layouts, but as I said I haven't closely compared the info you just posted. Figured I'd let you know as much as I know at this point either way...

Great work so far!

Thanks

here's the mediafire link:

i noticed some pics were missing from the last so i uploaded a new one here's the right link and the full zip i meant to post.
    .plist and image problems.zip

ok from what you just posted, i see the mistake, in the blues on our side there is the same image repeated twice for like 3;3 and 3;7 have the same image so for symbol the same image is being used for @email and .com when they should be different. things like this i think make up the differences, looking at it mathimatically there's 4(bg's we don't have) x 2(landscape and portrait ) - 1 (for keypad) + 17 (bg's we have)= 24 (bg's the apple KB has)

so 8 - 1 +17 = 24
    Last edited by VerizonIphone4_help; 07-15-2011 at 11:32 AM.

Thanks

Looked like we replied at the same time, figured I'd make sure you saw my last post, and mention when I got you that plist early on, I had only really modded to fix your symbol problems and show you it "working" in the Normal Control State. Knew all along that most other names/callouts needed to be organized (which will only take a few minutes to do, just didn't have the images and wanted to get you an example of the fixes right away...)

I am about to dl zip 2 and take a look, though.

Thanks

ya i just like finally understanding a bit about it! now to figure out the rest of the .plist coding. I'll get the images done this weekend and a full folder uploaded by monday night at the latest. thanks for your help, it'll be a great update to the package!

Thanks

Might also change the image names at some point to reference ControlState/Layout/Orientation with abbreviations or something to make the plist even more of a user friendly template...

And I'm just beginning organization of my CK Guide here on MMI. When I'm done hopefully it will explain anything that we don't particularly cover. Feel free to ask any questions about the rest of the plist in the meantime...

Thanks

hey do you know how to delete a thread?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmartino For This Useful Post:

VerizonIphone4_help (07-16-2011)