+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Backboard Preview Icon

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Backboard Preview Icon
    Ok People, Iím relatively new to this, so please bear with me. I recently downloaded Backboard, it works great, have a few custom themes, Awesome! Now, whatís driving me crazy is that I cannot figure out how to set up a Preview Image for each theme. All I get is the same No Preview icon. I know there must be an easy fix, but like I said Iím pretty new at this. I have seen a few links to help with this issue, but they are dead ones. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

BackBoard tries to take a screenshot and create an icon, but it doesn't work. It does create a .png file in the /Applications/BackBoard.app folder that has the same name as your Theme. Simply create your own icon from a screenshot of your springboard, save it with the same file name as your theme's non-functional png icon file, and upload your new icon into the /Applications/BackBoard.app folder and overwrite the old image. Open the BackBoard app and your custom icon is now shown. ;-)

Livin the iPhone Life WhyNotCallMeRo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,231 Times in 968 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorSon View Post
    BackBoard tries to take a screenshot and create an icon, but it doesn't work. It does create a .png file in the /Applications/BackBoard.app folder that has the same name as your Theme. Simply create your own icon from a screenshot of your springboard, save it with the same file name as your theme's non-functional png icon file, and upload your new icon into the /Applications/BackBoard.app folder and overwrite the old image. Open the BackBoard app and your custom icon is now shown. ;-)
    All is right but:

as a matter of fact it doesn't work when overwright the icon...
    Delete the one that the app has created and drop in yours..
    Respring and voila...